NEW DELHI (Metro Rail News): A total of 6 Consortia have submitted EOI (Expression of Interest) to provide Consultancy Services for implementation of Phase-4 of Delhi Metro.
In May this year, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) invited EOI for this contract from intending eligible and interested National and International Consultants having experience of working as General / Project Consultants in Metro Rail Systems.
The names of six Consortia are given below –
- DB Engineering and Consulting GmbH
- Egis Rail – Padeco – Mott Macdonald JV
- MM S.p.A – SMEC – Hill International JV
- AYESA Ingenieria – BARSYL JV
- Rina Consulting – TYPSA – Yuksel – Artelia JV
- SYSTRA – Nippon Koei – OCG – RITES JV
Contract No. – DCS-1B
Name of EOI: Short Listing of Consultants for Consultancy Services for implementation of Delhi MRTS Project Phase-IV.
Scope of Work –
The role of the Consultant is mainly advisory capacity to DMRC in various areas for successful commissioning of complete MRTS-IV Project.
- The consultancy services shall be provided through expatriates and local experts.
- In certain areas, consultancy services shall be provided through local experts only.
- The field of services shall be Project Planning, Programming and monitoring, Civil Engineering, Design & Structure, Quality assurance in construction, signalling, Telecommunication, Automatic Fare Collection System, Track, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, BMS, Rolling Stock and Safety, Health & Environment.
- The entire consulting team shall be headed by a Team Leader. The general responsibility of Team Leader and Scope in other areas will be provided to the Shortlisted Consultants.
Method of Selection
- Contract DCS-1B shall be Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) wherein Quality Cost ratio shall be 80:20.
- Financial proposals shall be opened of the consultants whose Technical Proposals are determined to be responsive to the key aspects of the RFP.
- 80% weightage for technical score obtained and 20% weightage for financial score shall be taken for evaluation.
Under Phase-4 of Delhi Metro, total 6 lines having length of 104 km will be constructed. Out of these 6 lines, Central Government has given approval to 3 lines (Priority Corridors) having total length of 65.1 km with 45 stations. These 3 lines are –
- Magenta Line (Extension of Line-8) from Janakpuri West – R.K. Ashram (28.92 km) with 22 stations and completion target of June, 2024
- Silver Line (Line-10) fromAerocity – Tughlakabad (23.62 km) with 15 stations and completion target of March, 2025
- Pink Line (Extension of Line-7) fromMukundpur – Maujpur (12.55 km) with 8 stations and completion target of December, 2022.
The total completion cost of the project as per sanction by Govt. of India is INR 24,948.65 Crores. The project is proposed to be funded by state Government of Delhi, Government of India and through loans from Multilateral funding agencies.
Recently, Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) has given its approval to provide loan amounting to INR 8,390 Crores for Phase-4. This loan amount will be used to fund the above given 3 lines under Phase-4.
Upon fully completion of Phase-4, Delhi Metro will become the world’s 4th longest metro rail system by route length.