“72% of bullet train contracts for Indian companies,” Says Indian Railways

Bullet Train Tenders Given To Firms Who Donated To BJP
Image for representation purpose only copyright: respective Authority

Most of the high-value technical work like laying of bridges and tunnels will be handled by Indian contractors.

NEW DELHI (Metro Rail News): Seventy-two per cent of contracts of the bullet train project between Mumbai and Ahmedabad will be undertaken by domestic firms as part of the railways’ efforts to boost ”Aatmanirbhar Bharat”, Chairman and CEO of the Railway Board Mr VK Yadav has recently said.
Most of the high-value technical work like laying of bridges and tunnels will be handled by Indian contractors, while Japanese firms will handle works related to signalling, telecom and rolling stock, he said at a webinar organised by the Associated Chambers of Commerce of India (Assocham).
Of the estimated cost of Rs 1.10 lakh crore for the 508-km-long high-speed rail corridor project, Rs 88,000 crore will be given to India as a loan by Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA).
“After a very detailed discussion with the Japanese government, we have made 72% of the entire contract value open to Indian contractors which includes all civil engineering work including bridges, under-sea tunnel related contracts, whereas contracts for Japanese contractors are only limited to signal and telecom, initial rolling stock and electrical works,” Yadav said.
“The Railways is going to achieve this objective of ”Aatmanirbhar Bharat” in a big way and the most important thing is that the Railways is developing infrastructure in an integrated manner in such a way that we will be able to take care of traffic requirements till 2050,” he said.
The chairman said that the Mumbai-Ahmedabad bullet train project is getting delayed due to land acquisition. In Gujarat, 90 per cent of the required land has already been acquired and the remaining 10% will be available by December 31.

Daily Updates from Metro & Railway


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.