Phase 2 Information
Phase 2 envisions a north extension of Line-2 from Motera Station to Mahatma Mandir in Gandhinagar. A notice inviting bids for its civil construction was published in January 2020, technical bids were opened in June 2020, and construction work started in February 2021.
Ahmedabad Metro Phase 2’s DPR (Detailed Project Report) in PDF format can be viewed here.
India’s Central Government approved Ahmedabad Metro Phase 2 with two lines with a distance of 28.254 km project in Feb 2019.
A total expected cost of Rs 5384.17 cr. Currently, Phase 2 is in the pre-construction and envisions a Line-2 north extension from Motera Station-Mahatma Mandir in Gandhinagar.
Under Construction: 20.02 km | Approved: 7.41 km | Proposed: 0 km
- GMRC’s Current Phase 2 Deadline: Not Revealed
- My Completion Estimate: 2026
Ahmedabad Metro Phase 2
- Red Line – Motera Stadium – Mahatma Mandir (Line-2)
- Total Distance – 22.838 km
- Total Stations – 20
- Station Names: Koteshwar Road – Vishwakarma College – Tapovan Circle – Narmada Canal Koba Circle Juna Koba – Koba Gam – GNLU – Raysan – Randesan – Dholakuva Circle – Infocity – Sector-1 – Sector-10A – Sachivalaya – Akshardham – Juna Sachivalaya – Sector-16 – Sector-24 & Mahatma Mandir.
- GreenLine – Gujarat National Law University to Gujarat International Finance Tec-City
- Total Distance – 5.416 km
- Total Stations – 3
- Stations Names: Gujarat National Law University – Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University & Gujarat International Finance Tec-City
Ahmedabad Metro Tenders
Latest GMRC Ahmedabad Metro Phase 2 tender notices can be viewed on the GMRC’s website. News on these notices, their bidders, awarded tenders and contracts are covered in further detail on the news & construction page.
List of Major Contractors
|Detailed Design Consultant (DDC) for extension of Line-2 from Motera Stadium to Mahatma Mandir||SYSTRA – SYSTRA MVA Consulting (India) Pvt. Ltd. JV|
|Detailed Design Consultant (DDC) for Power Supply & Distribution System, 750 V DC Third Rail Traction Electrification and SCADA System||Ardanuy Ingeniería S.A|
|Geotechnical Investigation for Line-2 Extn (Viaduct, 22 Stations & Depot)||M K Soil Testing Laboratory|
|Civil Package C1: Viaduct from Motera to GNLU (8.124 km) and GNLU to GIFT City (5.420 km) with 10 stations||Afcons Infrastructure|
|Package C2: Viaduct from GNLU to Gandhinagar Sector-1 (6.478 km) with 5 stations||Ranjit Buildcon|
Page last updated: 4th September 2021. Find any info missing please contact: https://www.metrorailnews.in/contact-us/