India’s Central Government approved Ahmedabad Metro Phase 2 with two lines with a distance of 28.254 km project on Feb 2019.
A total expected cost of Rs 5384.17 cr. Currently, Phase 2 is in the pre-construction and envisions a Line-2 north extension from Motera Station-Mahatma Mandir in Gandhinagar.
Ahmedabad Metro Phase 2
- Red Line – Motera Stadium – Mahatma Mandir (Line-2)
- Total Distance – 22.838 km
- Total Stations – 20
- Station Names: Koteshwar Road – Vishwakarma College – Tapovan Circle – Narmada Canal Koba Circle Juna Koba – Koba Gam – GNLU – Raysan – Randesan – Dholakuva Circle – Infocity – Sector-1 – Sector-10A – Sachivalaya – Akshardham – Juna Sachivalaya – Sector-16 – Sector-24 & Mahatma Mandir.
- GreenLine – Gujarat National Law University to Gujarat International Finance Tec-City
- Total Distance – 5.416 km
- Total Stations – 3
- Stations Names: Gujarat National Law University – Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University & Gujarat International Finance Tec-City
Contractors of Ahmedabad Metro Phase 2
- A joint venture of SYSTRA and SYSTRA MVA Consulting Private limited – Detailed Design Consultant for Line-2 extension from Motera Stadium-Mahatma Mandir
- M K Soil Testing Laboratory – Geotechnical Investigation for Line-2 Extension