Bhopal Metro is also known as Bhoj Metro is a Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS) under construction project including two lines and 28 stations in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
It is being constructed by Madhya Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MPMRCL). The expected cost-covering this metro project is almost Rs 80 billion.
The distance of Bhopal Metro Phase-I project is around 27.87 km. The Detailed Project Report (DPR) was approved by the Central Government cabinet in October 2018. Rohit Associates Cities & Rails Pvt.Ltd (Ar. Rohit Gupta) consultants were selected to make a detailed project report for the MRTS for the city.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) approved fund to the Bhopal Metro project in May 2019 and in Dec 2019, a 400 million euro loan by the European Investment Bank (EIB).
Proposed Metro Lines
• Line-1 – Bairgarh – Awadhpuri
• Line-3: Vasant Kunj – Bhauri Bypass (NH12 Junction)
• Line-4: Mother Teresa School – Ashok Garden Auto Stand
• Line-6: Mandideep – Habibganj Naka
Approved Lines of Phase-I
• Purple Line – From Karond Circle to AIIMS (Line 2)
• Total Distance – 14.99 km
• Station Type – Elevated & Underground
• Station names – Karond Square – Krishi Upaj Mandi – DIG Bungalow – Sindhi Colony – Nandra Bus Stand – Bhopal Junction – Aish Bagh Crossing – Bogda Pul – Shubhash Nagar Underpass – Kendriya Vidyalaya – DB City Mall – Sangam Cinema – Habibganj Station – Habibgang Naka – Alkapuri Bus Stan and AIIMS
• Red Line – From Bhadbhada Square to Ratnagiri Tiraha (Line 5)
• Total Distance – 12.88 km
• Station Type – Elevated
• Station Names – Bhadbadha Square – Depot Square – Jawahar Chowk – Roshanpura Square – Minto Hall – Lily Talkies – Bogda Pul – Prabhat Square – Govindpura – J.K.Road – Indrapuri – Piplani and Ratnagiri Tiraha
Contractors of Bhopal Metro:
• A joint venture of DB Engineering & Consulting GmbH – Geodata Engineering S.p.A. – Louis Berger Group: General Consultant
• Rohit Associates Cities & Rails Pvt.Ltd: Detailed Project Report
• Dilip Buildcon Limited: Line 2 viaduct of 6.225 km