NEW DELHI (Metro Rail News): Bombardier transportation emerged as the lowest bidder for the supply of Roling Stock (210 standard gauge coaches) and Depot Maintenance & Procurement contract worth Rs. 2577 crores for 82.15 km long Delhi – Meerut Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) corridor after NCRTC officials opened the global financial bid on May 01 2020.
|Bidder Name||Bidding Amount||Rank|
|Bombardier Transportation India Pvt. Ltd. – Bombardier Transportation Sweden AB – Bombardier Transportation UK Ltd. JV||2577 Crores||L1|
|CAF India Private Limited – Construcciones Y Auxiliar De Ferrocarriles S.A JV||Rs. 2850 crores||L2|
|Alstom Transport India Ltd. – Alstom Transport S.A. – Alstom Ferroviaria SPA JV||Rs. 3343 crores||L3|
This Global Rolling stock tender was floated in August 2019. As tenderer needs more time, the last date of submission extends from Nov 9, 2019 to Mar 12, 2020. On the same day, the Name of 3 bidders, i.e. Alstom, Bombardier and CAF unveil and Prequalification & technical bids opened.
As per the report of Economic times Indian Rolling stock manufacturer, BEML and Titagarh Wagons recently submitted complaints to the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) alleging that NCRTC tender qualification rules do not support the government’s ‘Make in India’ initiative.
Once the Letter of Acceptance (LoA) received by Bombardier, The supply of 210 standard gauge coaches to be completed in 243 weeks and provide AMC for 15 years. .
Features of Rolling Stock to be supply by Bombardier
- Train Type: Aerodynamic trains, 22 meters long, 3.2 meters wide.
- The train will be lightweight and have a stainless steel/aluminium body.
- Gauge: Standard Guage (1435 mm)
- Train design speed will be 180 kmph, the operational speed of 160 kmph and the average speed would be 100 kmph.
- Signalling System: European Train Control System (ETCS)
- Out of the 210 coaches, 180 coaches (30 train-sets of 6 coaches) will be used for long-distance. The rest 30 coaches will run as 10 trains in a configuration of 3 cars for a short distance.
- Each RRTS train is planned to have transverse (Aeroplane type) seats for passenger comfort over long distances.
- Axle load: 17T
- Traction power: 25KV AC, Overhead catenary Type.
For More News and Project update please explore our Delhi-Meerut RRTS Section