CHENNAI (Metro Rail News): Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) opened bids and 9 bidders in a joint venture had presented Expression of Interest proposals for General Consultant (GC) contract of Line-4.
Having a distance of 26.09 km east-west Line-4 will connect Lighthouse along with Poonamallee Bypass by Porur crossing 30 stations, in the 118.9 km Chennai Metro Phase 2 project.
On January 11, 2020, Chennai Metro had invited EOI applications to appoint a GC with an objective to support them in the development & speedy implementation of the project. According to the notice, a consultant will be chosen in accordance with the Quality-Cost Based Selection (QCBS) system.
Bidders List of CMRL:
- A Joint Venture of AECOM ASIA COMPANY LIMITED, Systra and CONSULTING ENGINEERS GROUP LIMITED
- A Joint Venture of Egis Rail SA, MM SPA, Italferr SPA and Surbano Jurong Infrastructure Pte Limited
- A Joint Venture of Louis Berger SAS, Geodata Engineering SpA and Hill International Inc
- A Joint Venture of TPF Getinsa Euro studios S.L, Artelia SAS & Rodic Consultants Private Limited
- A Joint Venture of RITES Ltd, Nippon Koei India Pvt. Ltd, Nippon Koei Co. Ltd, Arup India Pvt. Ltd and Ove Arup & Partners International Limited.
- A Joint Venture of Dar Al-Handasah Consultants s.a.l. (DAR), BALAJI RAILROAD SYSTEMS Pvt. LTD (BARSYL) and China Railway Eryuan Engineering Group Co. Ltd. (CREEC)
- A Joint Venture of DB Engineering & Consulting GmbH, Ayesa Ingeniería y Arquitectura, S.A.U, Korea Rail Network Authority and Dohwa Engineering Co. Ltd
- A Joint Venture of RINA Consulting SPA and Yuksel Proje Uluslararasi A.S
- A Joint Venture of AudingIntraesa SA Spain, Tata Consulting Engineers Limited, India and STUP Consultants Private Limited, India.
This consultancy service will be funded through the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank. AIIB signed a concept bid to lend approx. Rs. 2700 cr to finance Line-4’s construction work including support & technical assistance needed by Chennai Metro Rail Limited.
In 2019, a consortium of Nippon Koei India Private Limited, Aarvee Associates Architects Engineers & Consultants Private Limited & Balaji Railroad Systems Private Ltd was awarded a General Consultancy contract, cost at Rs 348.1 cr for the 52.01 km priority section (Line 3 and Line 5) of Chennai Metro’s Phase 2 project.