Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut Regional Rapid Transit System (Delhi–Meerut RRTS) is an under development semi-high speed rail line with a distance of 82.15 km, made to connect Delhi – Ghaziabad – Meerut by a series of tunnels & elevated viaducts as part of the RRTS.
It is one of the three rapid-rail corridors planned under Phase-I of Regional Rapid Transport System (RRTS) project of National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC).
The Detailed Project Report was supported by the UP State govt in May 2017 and took the Govt of India’s approval in Feb 2019.
Delhi – Meerut RRTS Line
• Line 1 – Delhi – Ghaziabad – Meerut
• Total Distance – 82.15 km
• Station Type – Elevated and Underground
• Stations Names: Nizamuddin or Sarai Kale Khan – New Ashok Nagar – Anand Vihar – Sahibabad – Ghaziabad – Guldhar – Duhai – Murad Nagar – Modi Nagar South – Modi Nagar North – Meerut South – Partapur – Rithani – Shatabdi Nagar – Brahmapuri – Meerut Central – Bhaisali – Begum Pul – MES Colony – Daurli – Meerut North & Modipuram
Contractors of Delhi – Meerut RRTS
- G Soil and Rock Probe Engineers – Geotechnical Investigation
- Cengrs Geotechnica Pvt. Ltd. – Geotechnical Investigation
- Ayesa India Private Ltd – General Consultant
- GIS Consortium India Pvt. Ltd. – Drone Based Mapping and Implementation of Web-based Geographical Information System (GIS)
- Continental Piling Pvt. Ltd. – Initial Pile Load Test for Sarai Kale Khan to Anand Vihar and depot line from Sarai Kale Khan and Vaishali to Duhai and for Shatabdi Nagar to Modipuram
- Package 6: Sarai Kale Khan – New Ashok Nagar Initial Pile Load Test for Duhai – Shatabdi Nagar
- Package 6 of Sarai Kale Khan – New Ashok Nagar Track System Detailed Design Consultant
- PORR Bau GmbH – Ballastless Track Structure “System Provider” to support Design & installation
- Joint Venture of Tandon Consultants Pvt. Ltd and Fountainhead – Detailed Design Consultant for Sarai Kale Khan & New Ashok Nagar Stations
- A Joint Venture of KEC and CCECC – Package 1 of Sahibabad Ramp to Ghaziabad Station
- A Joint Venture of APCO Infra to CRFG – Package 2 of Ghaziabad Station – Duhai EPE crossing
- Larsen & Toubro – Package 3 Lot-1 of Duhai to Modi Nagar North and Package 3 Lot-2 of Modi Nagar North to Shatabdi Nagar
- Bids submitted by L&T, Gulermak, Afcons, TPL & STEC – Package 4 of New Ashok Nagar Ramp – Anand Vihar – Sahibabad Ramp
- Bombardier Transportation – Design, manufacture, supply, testing and commissioning of 210 standard gauge coaches
- Bids submitted by Afcons, L&T, TPL, GR Infra – DBL and SAM – Package 6 of Sarai Kale Khan to New Ashok Nagar
Main Line(Sarai Kale Khan – Modipuram) 92 km.(16 Stations)
Spur Line (Shatabdi Nagar – Shastri Nagar) 9.80 km.(2 Stations)
Estimated Project Cost: ₹21,902 crore (US$3.4 billion).