Fluid Controls InnoTrans 2024 PromotionFluid Controls InnoTrans 2024 Promotion
APL APOLLO Steel Pipes - Powering the Future of Indian Railways
33.1 C
Delhi
Tuesday, July 16, 2024
Fluid Controls InnoTrans 2024 PromotionFluid Controls InnoTrans 2024 PromotionFluid Controls InnoTrans 2024 Promotion
APL APOLLO Steel Pipes - Powering the Future of Indian RailwaysAPL APOLLO Steel Pipes - Powering the Future of Indian RailwaysAPL APOLLO Steel Pipes - Powering the Future of Indian RailwaysAPL APOLLO Steel Pipes - Powering the Future of Indian Railways

Delhi Metro: Centre Approves Rithala-Narela-Kundli Extension of Red Line

Date:

Share post:

New Delhi (Metro Rail News): To better connect the northwestern region of Delhi, especially the ones near the Haryana border, the “Public Investment Board” of the Ministry of Finance has sanctioned the “Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs DDG proposal to extend the existing Red Line of the Delhi metro.

Labeled as the “Rithala-Nerela-Kundli Metro corridor”, this extension of the Red Line will cover a total distance of 26.5 Km via 21 stations, thereby connecting the nearby region with the rest of the city.

Delhi Metro's Red Line's Extension
Image credit: DMRC

Financial Aspects of this Project


The total cost of the project will be Rs. 6,231 crores. Of this, it has been reported that the Delhi Segment” of the project (which has a cost estimate of Rs. 5,685.22 crores) will be funded by the Delhi Development Authority (DDA) in which-

  • The government of India will cover 40% of the project’s cost.
  • 37.5% will be covered through bilateral and multilateral loans.
  • Lastly, the Delhi Government will cover approximately 20% of the project cost.

Likewise, for “The Haryana Segment” (which costs Rs. 545.77 crores), 80% of the funding will be provided by the Haryana government and the remaining 20% by the central government.

Critical analysis of this funding distribution, at its core, showcases the Delhi and the Haryana government’s effort to provide better connectivity to the “Narela-Bawana-Alipur” areas with the rest of the city. A major reason for such infrastructural and connectivity-based upgradation is that upon completion, this corridor will bolster economic and regional development in these far-flung regions of northwestern Delhi and Haryan

Cause and Effect of the Extension of the Red Line of the Delhi Metro

it would provide seamless inter-state transportation between Ghaziabad (Uttar Pradesh), Delhi, and Kundli (Haryana). All this cumulatively shows that such infrastructural and transportation development projects will benefit the economy of North India, by boosting its social life, economic, and business perspectives. Ultimately, one can state that this will enhance the lifestyle, societal structure, and GDP of the Indian economy.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

spot_img

Related articles

Mumbai Metro: Rithwik Projects Becomes L1 for Civil Contract of Dongri Depot

Mumbai (Metro Rail News): On 9 July, MMRDA declared, that Rithwik Projects Pvt. Ltd. had emerged as the...

Bullet Train Project Advances with the Completion of Rail Level Slab at 5 Stations

Gujarat (Metro Rail News): India’s ambitious first Bullet Train project is moving forward swiftly. Recently, sharing the progress...

UPMRC Initiates Kanpur Metro’s Trial Run on MacRobertganj – Nayaganj Section

Kanpur (Metro Rail News): On 12  July, the Kanpur Metro project reached another milestone when UPMRC began the...

Navi Mumbai Metro: A Look Back at Line 1 and Lessons Learned

Introduction Navi Mumbai, as evident by its name itself, is a newly planned & developed city situated in the...