New Delhi: The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) today commenced trial runs of the Metro trains on the Jahangirpuri – Samaypur Badli section (4.392 kms) of Phase 3. The first trial train on this section today traveled from the Jahangirpuri station to Samaypur Badli Metro station of the new corridor, in the presence of DMRC’s Managing Director, Dr. Mangu Singh and other senior officials.
The construction work for this elevated stretch, which is 4.392 kms long is almost complete and is expected to be opened for commuter operations after successful trials and mandatory approvals.
This section will be extremely helpful for the residents of the north Delhi areas such as Jahangirpuri, Samaypur, Badli, Transport Nagar, GT Karnal Road and parts of Rohini who travel everyday to different parts of the NCR. With this extension, the Yellow line will now run from HUDA City Centre to Samaypur Badli and will be 49 kilometres long.
During the trial runs, the interaction of the Metro train with physical infringements (civil structure) will be checked to ensure that there is no physical blockage during the movement of the train on the track. The entire signaling system will also undergo rigorous testing.
In addition, the response of the train at different speeds, braking of the train and the interconnection with the Operations Control Centre (OCC) will also be monitored during the trials. The behavior of the track system and the Over Head Electrification (OHE) will be checked repeatedly.
Summary of Jahangirpuri-Samaypur Badli (Extension of Line-2/Yellow Line)
- Length of the corridor – 4.392 kms
- Number of the Elevated Stations – 03 (Badli Mor, Rohini Sec-18 & Samaypur Badli)
- Areas to be covered – Jahangirpuri, GT Karnal Road, Rohini, Transport Nagar, Badli etc.
- Expected Ridership (as per DPR) – Badli More (7186), Rohini Sec-18 (11133) and, Samaypur Badli (10626)
- Current progress of Civil Construction – 95%
- Overall viaduct construction progress in the corridor – 100%