New Delhi: The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) will be conducting the “Customer Satisfaction Survey” from 24th August, 2015 (Excluding Sat/Sun i.e, 29/30 Aug) till 01st September, 2015. The third edition of the survey, which was also conducted in the year 2013 and 2014, will cover over one lakh passengers spread over 50 Metro stations and inside the trains.
During the Survey week, feedback will be received from the commuters on all the important aspects of Metro functioning such as availability, accessibility, information availability, quality of service, customer care, outside metro area and, safety & security of commuters etc.
Apart from collecting feedback about the above mentioned aspects, awareness drives will be conducted on issues such as not littering in the Metro, sitting on the floor, obstructing the train doors, use of lifts/ escalators, drive to check misuse of women’s coach, drive against return journey etc.
The ‘Customer Satisfaction Survey’ conducted last year had covered 22 stations, while the exercise this year will cover 50 stations as well as the passengers inside the trains during the non-peak hours. The 50 stations have been selected on the basis of the ridership as well as inclusion of all the operational lines of DMRC (Excluding Airport Express Line).
Pamphlets and banners sensitizing the people about the exercise will be put up and dedicated staff will be deployed to conduct the survey. On the basis of the survey conducted last year, the following measures have been taken by DMRC in the past one year for the benefit of commuters:-
- Renovation of 50 Metro stations.
- Renovation of 30 toilets at various stations.
- Halt and go facility created outside at 44 stations.
- Introduction of 63 numbers of additional coaches in peak hours.
- Introducing various new methods for recharging Smart Card (Point of Sale, WEB/online, Add Value Machine, Ticket Vending Machine, Auto Top up)
- Installation of 55 new AFC gates at various stations.