NEW DELHI (Metro Rail News): Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) on Wednesday introduced a new facility to Delhi Metro passengers of recharging Delhi Metro Smart Cards through Amazon Pay. DMRC has introduced this service in collaboration with Amazon Pay. The service will provide more convenience to the Delhi Metro commuters.
The facility was jointly introduced by DMRC’s Managing Director Dr. Mangu Singh and Amazon Pay, Director & CEO, Mahendra Nerurkar through video conferencing.
According to Dr. Mangu Singh, “The initiative is in line with DMRC’s commitment towards supporting the digital drive to promote cashless transactions among the Delhi Metro commuters, at a time when social distancing has become a new normal for everyone”.
Director & CEO, Mahendra Nerurkar of Amazon Pay stated that “As part of our commitment to our customers, we are constantly innovating and creating new experiences to make digital payments seamless across a variety of use cases. Commute is a very important aspect of daily lives of our customers and Delhi Metro is the lifeline for millions of daily commuters in Delhi-NCR. By enabling our customers to recharge their Delhi Metro cards in a contactless manner, we aim to make their lives more convenient, safe, cashless and secure.”
In order to avail this new facility, passengers needs to follow below given steps –
- First and foremost, commuters need to have Amazon shopping app in their mobile or you can download the same.
- Open the app and click on the ‘Metro Recharge’ option under Amazon Pay Tab.
- Enter your Metro Smart card number and you can choose any amount between INR 100 to INR 2000 to recharge your metro card.
- Once payment is successful, you need to tap your card at the automatic vending machine (AVM) at any Delhi Metro station
- After that, select ‘Top-UP’ to add the balance to your card to use it any station of Delhi Metro network.