PUNE (Metro Rail News): The CMRS inspection of the Ruby Hall to Ramwadi stretch of the Pune Metro has already begun from Friday, 19th January.
The CMRS inspection includes aspects like:
- Evaluation of staircases, elevators, and escalators to ensure compliance with necessary standards.
- Accessibility for both differently-abled individuals and regular passengers, including restrooms, ramps, and signage.
- Effectiveness of the fire prevention system, encompassing smoke detection and fire alarms.
- Evaluation of the preparedness of metro station staff in handling emergencies and efficiently evacuating passengers.
A Prolonged Struggle for Approval
Maha-Metro has been actively seeking approval from CMRS for the Ruby Hall Clinic to Ramwadi stretch since the previous year. The delay in approval has been linked to concerns regarding the stairs at the Yerawada metro station.
Earlier statements from Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Limited (Maha Metro) indicated that the Ruby Hall Clinic to Ramwadi stretch of the Pune Metro was anticipated to be operational by this month. Speed trials of rakes to Ramwadi had commenced, with technical teams diligently overseeing aspects such as track alignment, curves, elevation, signalling, and telecommunication.
Introduction of Four New Stations
The upcoming stretch will bring forth four new stations along the route, namely:
1. Bund Garden
This expansion aims to facilitate smooth and trouble-free commuting from the city’s central area, particularly addressing the challenges faced by commuters heading to the airport.
This development signifies a significant milestone in the progression of the city’s ambitious Aqua Line, bringing it closer to becoming operational. The completion of the 15.7 km Aqua Line promises to substantially enhance the daily lives of residents.
The Pune metro, comprising three lines totalling 54.14 km, serves as a rapid transit system for the city. Currently, two lines are operational:
1. Purple Line: Connects PCMC Bhavan to Swargate.
2. Aqua Line: Runs from Vanaz to Ramwadi.
3. Line 3: Extends from Hinjawadi to Civil Court via Balewadi.
Intrigued by the future of Metro and its impact on our city? Join us at our upcoming InnoMetro event to delve deeper into this vital issue. Stay informed, get involved, and let’s ride the Metro towards a brighter, more sustainable future together.