Gorakhpur Metro is a proposed light mass rapid transit system for the Gorakhpur city in Uttar Pradesh, India. This project consist of two corridor covering total length of 27.41 KM and both stretch will have 27 metro station.
- Name of the project: Gorakhpur Metro Rail Project
- Name of the Operator: Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation (UPMRC)
- Project Owner: Govt. of India and Govt. of Uttar Pradesh (50:50)
- Type of Project: Light Rail Transit System (LRTS)
- No. of Corridors: 2
- Cost of the project: Rs. 4,100 Crore
- Completion Target: 2025
Operational: 0 km | Under Construction: 0 km | Approved: 27.41 km
Corridor I: Shyam Nagar – Sooba Bazar
Length of the corridor: 16.95 km | Total No. of Stations: 16
Proposed Stations Name: Syam Nagar, Bargadwa, Shastri Nagar, Nathmalpur, Gorakhnath Mandir, Hazaripur, Dharmsala, Gorakhpur Railway Station, University, Mohaddipur, Ramgarh Lake, AIIMS, Malviya Nagar, MMM Engineering College, Divya Nagar, Sooba Bazar.
Proposed Depot: Sooba Bazar
Corridor II: Gulariha – Kachehri Chauraha
Length of the corridor: 10.46 km | Total No. of Stations: 11
Proposed Stations: Gulariha, BRD Medical College, Mugalaha, Khajanchi Bazaar, Basharatpur, Ashok Nagar, Vishnu Nagar, Asuran Chowk, Dharmsala, Gol Ghar, Kachehri Chauraha
Proposed Depot: Mughalaha
Two coach trains proposed to be run in the entire metro rail network.