AHMEDABAD (Metro Rail News): India’s second Ahmedabad-Mumbai Tejas Express flagged off from Ahmedabad by Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani on Friday morning. Ahmedabad-Mumbai Tejas Express will run between Ahmedabad to Mumbai route six days a week except for Thursday. The commercial run of the newly launched Mumbai-Ahmedabad Tejas Express will start from 19 January 2020.
“It is a matter of pride that this semi high-speed, second Tejas Express train has been flagged off between Ahmedabad and Mumbai. This will benefit both states” Said Mr Rupani.
“The work on the bullet train is also going on the Mumbai-Ahmedabad route. Equipped with modern facilities, the train left from Ahmedabad at 10:43 am and reached Mumbai in about 6 hours 30 minutes, covering a distance of nearly 500 km. For the return journey, the train will leave Mumbai Central at 3:40 pm and reach Ahmedabad at 9:55 pm. The train will halt at Nadiad, Vadodara, Bharuch, Surat, Vapi and Borivali stations in both directions. The first Tejas Express between Delhi and Lucknow was flagged off last year.
The booking for Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) run Mumbai-Ahmedabad Tejas Express has started. Passengers can book their tickets exclusively on IRCTC website www.irctc.co.in and its mobile app ‘Irctc Rail Connect’. There will be no booking at railway reservation counters, said IRCTC in a press release.
Timings: the new Mumbai-Ahmedabad Tejas Express has two AC executive class chair cars and eight AC chair car with a capacity of carrying more than 700 passengers,
Fare: IRCTC will follow dynamic fare scheme for Ahmedabad-Mumbai Tejas Express There will be a different series of fares for lean, busy and festive seasons. There will be an advance reservation period of 60 days. If passenger cancels tickets, automatic full refund on confirmed or waitlisted e-tickets will be made.
Food: High quality food and beverages will be served on-board service staff in Ahmedabad-Mumbai Central Tejas Express. Passengers will be served morning welcome tea, breakfast and combo lunch/snacks in Ahmedabad –Mumbai Tejas Express. Tea and coffee vending machines will be available in the train. In addition to packaged drinking water, each coach will have a RO water filter machine.
Payment on delay: In a first, IRCTC decided to pay the travellers Mumbai-Ahmedabad Tejas Express is delayed. If the Mumbai-Ahmedabad Tejas Express delays for over an hour, passengers will get a compensation of ₹100. For delay of two hours and more, the passengers will receive ₹250, IRCTC said. There will be no facility of ‘tatkal’ ticket in the Tejas Express.
Free insurance: For the first time, IRCTC is offering a free insurance of ₹25 lakh to all the passengers travelling in Mumbai-Ahmedabad Tejas Express. The insurance cover includes ₹1 lakh insurance against theft or robbery during the travel.
Features of Ahmedabad-Mumbai Tejas Express
- Ahmedabad-Mumbai Tejas express has state-of-the-art interiors, infotainment, personalised reading lights, mobile charging points, CCTV cameras, bio-toilets, LED TV sets and automatic doors and dustbins.
- The passengers travelling on Tejas Express will get free insurance of Rs 25 lakh.
- Some of the other facilities of Tejas Express include and compensation on delays. It will provide Rs 100 to each passenger in case delay is more than one hour and Rs 250 if delay exceeds two hours.
- Tejas Express also boasts of high quality food service – on-board meals and snacks. Tea and coffee vending machines will be available inside the train.
- Another feature of the Tejas Express is that you cancel a ticket, you will get automatic full refund on confirmed and waitlisted e-tickets in your accounts.
- “With state-of-the-art facilities along with the crew’s traditional attire, the new Tejas Express is a symbol of Indian culture blended with modernisation for enhanced passenger comfort,” Rail Minister Piyush Goyal wrote on Twitter.
- The Tejas Express train numbers 82902 and 82901 will operate on the Ahmedabad-Mumbai route six days a week with Thursday kept as off-day for maintenance activity.
- The fully air-conditioned train has two executive class chair cars, having 56 seats each, and eight chair cars, having capacity of 78 seats each.
- The total carrying capacity of the train is 736 passengers. The train halts at Nadiad, Vadodara, Bharuch, Surat, Vapi and Borivali stations.
- The commercial run of Tejas Express will take place on January 19. You can book your train tickets on irctc.co.in