NEW DELHI (Metro Rail News): In a mission towards making Indian Railways as Green Railways, Indian Railways Organisation of Alternative Fuels (IROAF) has invited bids for Hydrogen Fuel Cell-based Train on Indian Railways Network. The project shall kick off the concept of Hydrogen Mobility in the country.
According to the Ministry of Railways, “Advanced Chemistry Cell (ACC) Batteries” and “National Hydrogen Mission” are two flagship programs of Government of India so as to meet out the targets of reducing Green House Gas (GHG) emission under Paris Climate Agreement 2015 and “Mission Net Zero Carbon Emission Railway” by 2030.
Accordingly, there has been recent budgetary pronouncement to kick off the concept of Hydrogen Mobility in the Country. Accepting it as a challenge, IROAF, Green Fuel vertical of Indian Railways, has invited the bids for Hydrogen Fuel Cell based Train. The project shall commence in 89 km Sonipat-Jind section of Northern Railway.
Initially, 2 DEMU rakes will be converted and later, 2 Hybrid locos will be converted based on Hydrogen Fuel cell power movement. There will be no change in the driving console. Also, the project will lead to saving of Rs. 2.3 crore annually.
Details of the Project is given below –
- Provision of Fuel Cell powered Hybrid Traction System for train application on 2 DEMU rakes
- Current Pink Book item No. 723 of 2021-22
- Allocation during current year Rs. 8 crore
Brief Scope of Work:
- On-board equipment as per RDSO specification no. R2/347/Fuel Cell-1 of July’2021
- Stationary (on ground) hydrogen storage and filling station at site as per RDSO specification no. R2/347/Fuel Cell-1 of july’2021
- Two pre-bid conferences scheduled on 17/08/2021 and 09/09/2021
- Start of submission of offer since 21/09/2021
- Date of tender opening is 05/10/2021