Kanpur Metro is a type of Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS) to serve the city in Kanpur by Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Co ltd (UPMRCL) including two lines & 30 stations.
RITES made the Detailed project report of Phase-I with a complete distance of 32.385 km was approved with an estimated cost of Rs 11,076.48 cr in 2019 by Central Government’s Cabinet.
European Investment Bank has provided a loan of Euro 650 million for the project.
AFCONS Infra has been given the tender for the elevated viaduct among IIT-Motijheel.
Key Highlights of Kanpur Metro Phase-I
• Total Distance – 23.785 km
• Elevated Station – 15.164 km
• Underground station – 8.621 km
• No of Stations – 22
• Station name – Kanpur – Kalyanpur Railway Station – SPM Hospital – CSJM University – Gurudev Chauraha – Geeta Nagar – Rawatpur Railway Station – Lala Lajpat Rai Hospital – Moti Jheel – Harsh Nagar – Chunniganj – Parade – Bada Chauraha – Phool Bagh – Birhana Road – Norona Crossing Sagar Market – Kanpur Central railway station – ISBT Jhakarkatti – Old Transport Nagar – Kidwai Nagar North – Kidwai Nagar South – Yashoda Nagar – Baudh Nagar and Naubasta
• Total Distance – 8.6 km
• Station Type – Elevated
• No of Stations – 9
• Station Name – CSA University – GSVM Medical College – Rawatpur railway station – Kakadeo – Vijay Nagar – Dada Nagar – Barra-7 – Barra-8 and Jarauli
- Japan International Cooperation Agency.
- European Investment Bank.
Contractors of Kanpur Metro:
- A joint venture of SYSTRA & SYSTRA MVA Consulting Pvt. Ltd.: Detailed Design Consultant (Line-1)
- Afcons Infrastructure – KNPCC-02(R1): 8.728 km elevated viaduct, IIT to Moti Jheel
- Bids received by AECOM-led & TYPSA-led consortia: General Consultant
- K.S.M. Bashir Mohammad and Sons – KNPCC-03: Government Polytechnic Depot & Workshop of Line 1
- Bidding Underway – KNPAGRS-01: Supply of 201 standard gauge cars along with Train Control & Signalling System for Kanpur metro projects