Kochi (Metro Rail News): Kochi Metro Rail Limited has decided to operate the trains with a frequency of every 10 minutes once it resumes operations. “Kochi Metro has also decided to resume revenue services in a staged manner. On Seventh and Eighth of September, the trains will operate from 7 AM to 1 PM and again from 2 PM to 8 PM. There will be no train service from 1.00 PM to 2 PM. From 9th September 2020 onwards trains will function with a normal frequency of 10 minutes from 7:00 am to 12 noon and from 2 pm to 9 pm”, it said in a statement.
During 12 noon to 2 pm the frequency will be every 20 minutes.
Stage I (07.09.2020 & 08.09.2020)
- i) Revenue services from 07:00hrs to 13:00hrs &; 14:00 to 20:00 with Headway of 10 mins.
- ii) Between 13:00 to 14:00, there will be no passenger services.
Stage II (09.09.2020 onwards)
- i) During weekdays, revenue services will start from terminal stations at 07:00hrswith the frequency as follows:From To Frequency07:00 12:00 10 mins12:00 14:00 20 mins14:00 21:00 10 mins
- ii) Last train will depart from terminal stations at 21:00hrs.
- iii) On Sunday, services will start from 08:00hrs.
“We are trying to make the arrangements as passenger friendly as possible. Kochi Metro wants to ensure that the trains are clean, hygienic and fully sanitised. ” said Alkesh Kumar Sharma , MD of KMRL.
“On attaining normal service, Last train will depart from the terminal stations at 9 pm.2) On Sunday, services will start from 08:00 am3). Dwell time at stations shall be kept at a minimum of 20 seconds for proper ventilation &fresh air circulation. At last terminals (Aluva and Thykoodam), minimum 05 minutes shall be kept as the layover time with train doors in open condition for fresh air circulation”, the statement further added.