Lucknow: The Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation (LMRC) has decided to set up sale counters for selling “GOSMART CARDS” before inaugural ceremony on 1st & 4th September, 2017 for the convenience of the general public. People can purchase these GoSmart Cards between 10.00 AM to 5 PM from the following locations:-
- Lucknow Metro Office, Administrative Building, Vipin Khand Gomti Nagar, Lucknow
- Transport Nagar Metro Station, Near G to C lift at Ground Level,
- Charbagh Metro Station, Outside the shutter at Ground Level,
- HDFC Bank Ltd, Naka Hindola Branch, Hotel Dayal Building, 76/13 Gurudwara Road, PS Naka Hindola Lucknow,
- HDFC Bank Ltd, Ground Floor, 56 & 57 Chander Nagar, Alambagh, Lucknow
According to LMRC press release, only ‘GoSmart’ cards will be available at the above places. The Metro commuters can purchase token and tourist card from all Metro stations from the revenue operation date for public i.e. from 6th September, 2017 onwards.
The GoSmart card will be available for ₹200 which includes refundable security money of ₹100. The minimum fare for travelling in Metro train is ₹10 while the maximum fare will be ₹60 for travelling 18 or more than 18 Metro stations.
The commuters of Lucknow Metro can use ‘GoSmart’ cards for multiple journey and they don’t need to stand in queues for purchasing tokens. The passengers will also get 10% discount on their every journey in the Metro system.