New Delhi: Believe it or not, not just few individuals, but many call centers and job portals, specifically opened for the purpose, are actively engaged in duping hapless job seekers.
They make the job seekers part with a hefty chunk of a hard-earned income on the pretext of getting them placed in reputed companies. Indian Railways and reputed firms like Maruti Suzuki India, Tata companies, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation, Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation, Jaipur Metro Rail Corporation, Nagpur Metro Rail Corporation, Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation, Chennai Metro Rail Ltd. and many more have brought out the scam to the notice of the police.
These are the key things you need to know about the fraud job offers:
- The scammer contacts you by email, or phone and offers you a job that may involve a simple screening process.
- Scamsters mostly download resumes from job websites or buy data of job seekers from famous job portals for Rs 25,000-Rs 50,000 and mostly target people from non-metro cities.
- Most of the people involved in the scam are below 30 years of age, and target those desperately seeking job.
- The scamsters may also create a website which sounds very similar to an existing popular job portal.
- They create bank account, payment gateway and domain names, all on fake identifies. The servers are based abroad and calls made through internet making the tracking complex.
- The scamsters hire English speaking call centre executives and rent an office space at a plush commercial building.
- In the name of registration and interview they extract Rs 10,000-50,000 from a candidate.
The Metro Rail News team receiving many calls and complaints related to fraud committed by scamsters. Recently we have received a compliant from a girl from Dehradoon regarding fraud in job offer for Lucknow Metro. She was cheated by a group of fraud job consultant located in Noida. She has paid Rs.27,000/- to that fraud recruitment team in their bank account. They have also issued her offer of appointment letter on a letter head by using name and logo of Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation and the Govt. of India.