NEW DELHI, (Metro Rail News): Railway Minister Piyush Goyal today dedicated to the nation the newly constructed Hansdiha-Godda Railway LIne with total length of 32 km. In another gift to the people of Jharkhand, Railway Minister also flagged off Godda- New Delhi Humsafar special train.
Importance of Hansdiha-Godda Rail line –
- It will provide better transportation facility, cost effective and quicker movement of commodities.
- It will give impetus to social-economic development in Dumka and Godda districts in Jharkhand.
- It will give boost to infrastructure building and connectivity enhancement for this part of Jharkhand.
- With its completion, there will be faster movement of industrial inputs like coal and rapid development of business and industries along with employment opportunities in Jharkhand.
- With introduction of superfast Humsafar Express train, commuters will enjoy comfortable journey from Godda to New Delhi via Bhagalpur.
On the occasion, Piyush Goyal said, “Jharkhand is famous for minerals and many holy places, Indian Railways is contributing in turning its potential to reality. This project Hansdiha-Godda was approved in 2011, however no progress was made until 2014. In 2014, when Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi reviewed the projects, it was disclosed that land was not acquired for this project. Upon the direction of Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, a swift progress was made on this new line project. Till now, this project has attracted an investment of Rs 550 Cr. With this new Hansdiha-Godda Rail line, the area would develop at a faster pace generating more employment opportunities, in future, Kisan Rail may be started to send the produce of farmers from this area.”
This new railway line has 5 stations namely – Hansdiha, Gangwara, Poreyahat, Kathwan and Godda with speed potential of trains to operate at 120 km per hour on the route. A total of two major bridges and thirty-three minor bridges have been constructed while commissioning this new line.