Advertisement
Metro Rail News Magazine
Home High Speed Rail Projects

NHSRCL Invites Bids for Delhi-Amritsar High-Speed Rail Corridor

0
315
New Project
Image Representation | Photo Copyrighted: NHSRCL
Advertisement

NEW DELHI (Metro Rail News): The National High-Speed Rail Corporation Limited (NHSRCL) has invited online open e-tenders from eligible applicants for alignment design including aerial LiDAR survey and other infrastructure-related works for Delhi-Amritsar high-speed rail corridor project. The total length of the high-speed rail corridor will be 459 km.

The development of the high-speed rail corridor will reduce the travel time between New Delhi and Amritsar significantly. The last date for the submission of the bids is 28 December 2020 and the bids will be opened on 29 December 2020. Meanwhile, Seventy-two per cent of contracts of the bullet train project between Mumbai and Ahmedabad will be undertaken by domestic firms as part of the railways’ efforts to boost ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat’, Chairman of the Railway Board V K Yadav said on Friday. Of the estimated cost of ₹1.10 lakh crore for the 508-km-long high-speed rail corridor project, ₹88,000 crores will be given to India as a loan by Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA).

“After a very detailed discussion with the Japanese government, we have made 72 per cent of the entire contract value open to Indian contractors which includes all civil engineering work including bridges, under-sea tunnel related contracts, whereas contracts for Japanese contractors are only limited to signal and telecom, initial rolling stock and electrical works,” Mr Yadav said.

Advertisement
Metro Rail News Magazine

“The Railways is going to achieve this objective of ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat’ in a big way and the most important thing is that the Railways is developing infrastructure in an integrated manner in such a way that we will be able to take care of traffic requirements till 2050,” he said. The chairman said that the Mumbai-Ahmedabad bullet train project is getting delayed due to land acquisition.

In Gujarat, 90 per cent of land has already been acquired and the remaining 10 per cent will be available by December 31. . “The Railways is going to achieve this objective of ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat’ in a big way and the most important thing is that the Railways is developing infrastructure in an integrated manner in such a way that we will be able to take care of traffic requirements till 2050,” Mr Yadav said

Advertisement
Metro Rail News Magazine

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.