Begusarai, Metro Rail News: Prime Minister Narendra Modi lays the foundation stone for Patna Metro Rail Project in Barauni via video conferencing. The project will take an estimated 5 years for completion with more than 13 thousand crores of funding. Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar also present. The project which will give a boost to transport connectivity and add to ease of living for the people of Patna and adjoining areas.
In a statement the government said, around 26 lakhs of Patnaites are expected to get benefit from the project directly or indirectly. The corridor is supposed to connect densely populated areas of the city like Raja Bazar, High court, Secretariat, Patna Junction among many other areas.
- The Project will be completed in five years.
- Danapur Cantt to Mithapur corridor will pass through the heart of city and connect densely populated areas Raza Bazar, Secretariat, High Court, Law University Railway Station.
- Patna Jn. to ISBT corridor will connect Gandhi Maidan, PMCH, Patna University, Rajendra Nagar, Mahatma Gandhi Setu, Transport Nagar and ISBT.
- The Metro will provide Eco friendly and sustainable Public Transport to residents, commuters, industrial workers, visitors and travelers.
Patna Metro Project Highlights:
- The length of Danapur to Mithapur corridor is 16.94 km, which is mostly underground (11.20 km) and partly elevated (5.48 km) and comprises of 11 Stations (3-Elevated and 8-Underground).
- The length of Patna Station to New ISBT corridor is 14.45 km, which is mostly elevated (9.9 km) and partly underground (4.55 km) and comprising of 12 stations (9-Elevated and 3-Underground).
Patna metro map:
The Detailed Project Report (DPR) of the Patna metro rail project got approved in November 2018. Cabinet approves the Patna metro rail project comprising of two
The existing population of 26.23 lakh of Patna agglomeration area is expected to be benefitted by Patna Metro Rail Project directly and indirectly.