MUMBAI: RITES led consortium emerged as the lowest bidder for the construction of dual gauge railway line from Bogura to Shahid M. Mansur Ali station of the Bangladesh Railway.
In February 2019, Export and Import Bank of India (EXIM) invited Project Management Consultants (PMC) for Construction of Dual Gauge Railway Line from Bogra to Shahid M. Mansur Ali Station of Bangladesh Railway (79.30 km Dual Gauge main and 11.35 km Dual gauge loop line) in Bangladesh.
This is an 80 km long green field project with two phases—
- Preparation of a detailed project report (DPR)
- Construction supervision.
Duration for the project is 13 months for Phase-1 and 30 months for Phase-2. This project is funded by EXIM Bank of India under Line of Credit (LOC).
Total Fee Income would be about Rs. 63 crores and signing of Contract is expected to take place soon.
Scope of work –
- Consultancy Services for Updating Feasibility Study, Detail Engineering Design, Mathematical Modeling, Tendering Services and Construction Supervision, Services during Defect Liability Period.
- Conduct detail topographic and hydrographic survey.
- Identify the possible alternative alignments and recommend the best suitable alignment for the project.
- Find out whether the project will be technically, economically, financially, environmentally and socially viable.
- Prepare Initial Environment Examination report, Environmental Impact Assessment, Environmental Management Plan & Environmental Monitoring Plan etc.
- Prepare Land Acquisition Plan and Resettlement Plan.
- Conduct detailed engineering survey including sub-soil investigation along the alignment, at bridge locations.
- Conduct hydrological & morphological survey.
- Prepare detailed engineering design and drawings of all infrastructures including bridges, embankment, railway track, stations, signaling and all other facilities.
- Prepare detailed cost estimate on the basis of the detail design and drawing and verify the same with the DPP. Also prepare the revised DPP [RDPP] if required.
- Prepare tender documents in conformity to the procurement rules of Bangladesh.
- Provide tendering services of all sorts including preparation of RFP, selecting contractor, bid evaluation, provide assistance to the project authority for award of contract, including contract negotiation and finalizing the contract documents.