Fluid Controls InnoTrans 2024 PromotionFluid Controls InnoTrans 2024 Promotion
APL APOLLO Steel Pipes - Powering the Future of Indian Railways
33.1 C
Delhi
Tuesday, July 16, 2024
Fluid Controls InnoTrans 2024 PromotionFluid Controls InnoTrans 2024 PromotionFluid Controls InnoTrans 2024 Promotion
APL APOLLO Steel Pipes - Powering the Future of Indian RailwaysAPL APOLLO Steel Pipes - Powering the Future of Indian RailwaysAPL APOLLO Steel Pipes - Powering the Future of Indian RailwaysAPL APOLLO Steel Pipes - Powering the Future of Indian Railways

SBI Files Insolvency Plea Against Mumbai Metro One to Recover Rs 416 Crore Dues

Date:

Share post:

MUMBAI (Metro Rail News): State Bank of India (SBI) has taken legal action against Mumbai Metro One (MMOPL) by approaching the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) to initiate the Corporate Insolvency Resolution Process (CIRP). MMOPL is a joint venture between Mumbai Metropolitan Regional Development Authority (MMRDA) and Reliance Infrastructure (RInfra).

SBI has filed a petition with NCLT’s Mumbai bench to recover its dues of over Rs 416 Crore from MMOPL, also known as Metro Line 1 in Mumbai City. Other lenders involved are IDBI Bank, Canara Bank, Indian Bank, Bank of Maharashtra, and India Infrastructure Finance Company (UK).
Reliance Infrastructure stated that MMOPL is seeking legal advice to protect its interests in this matter. The financial impact on the company is uncertain and depends on the outcome of the proceedings.

This project, awarded on a public-private partnership basis, involves the design, financing, construction, operation, and maintenance of a 12 Km elevated metro between Versova and Ghatkopar with 12 stations en-route.

Reliance Infrastructure owns 74% stake in the metro line operator, while the remaining 26% is held by MMRDA. MMRDA is reportedly looking to take over the operation from MMOPL.

In 2007, the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) awarded the Versova-Andheri-Ghatkopar corridor to the Reliance infrastructure consortium through a global competitive bidding process on a public-private partnership framework. Subsequently, a special-purpose vehicle called Mumbai Metro One was established to carry out the project.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

spot_img

Related articles

Mumbai Metro: Rithwik Projects Becomes L1 for Civil Contract of Dongri Depot

Mumbai (Metro Rail News): On 9 July, MMRDA declared, that Rithwik Projects Pvt. Ltd. had emerged as the...

Bullet Train Project Advances with the Completion of Rail Level Slab at 5 Stations

Gujarat (Metro Rail News): India’s ambitious first Bullet Train project is moving forward swiftly. Recently, sharing the progress...

UPMRC Initiates Kanpur Metro’s Trial Run on MacRobertganj – Nayaganj Section

Kanpur (Metro Rail News): On 12  July, the Kanpur Metro project reached another milestone when UPMRC began the...

Navi Mumbai Metro: A Look Back at Line 1 and Lessons Learned

Introduction Navi Mumbai, as evident by its name itself, is a newly planned & developed city situated in the...