Surat ( Metro Rail News ) – According to few news reports, Six global consortia comprising of engineering design firms have submitted expression of interest (EOI) applications for the General Engineering Consultant (GEC) contract of Surat Metro’s phase one project.
The role of the General Engineering Consultant would include design / design review, system integration, assistance in procurement, construction supervision (including monitoring of statutory obligations), project management services, contract administration and interface management including assistance in testing and commissioning of the Surat Metro rail project.
- 1. DB Engineering & Consulting GmbH + AYESA + Korea Rail + DOHWA.
- 2. Geodata Engineering S.p.A. + LBG + Hill International
- 3. MM S.p.A + Mott Macdonald + SMEC
- 4. Nippon Koei India Pvt. Ltd. + RITES + TPF
- 5. Rodic Consultants Pvt. Ltd. + Artelia + Italffer + TYPSA
- 6. SYSTRA + AECOM + EGIS
The GMRC is supposed to take a few months for evaluation of the applications and it will invite the shortlisted bidders then after.