NEW DELHI (Metro Rail News): The country’s Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has presented the Union Budget 2020-21 for the financial year 2020-21. In this budget, the Finance Minister has made many big announcements for the Indian Railways, Starting from the merger of the railway budget with the general budget in 2017. The Finance Minister said that the railway’s revenue is very low, so the land of the railway will be used to prepare solar energy. Also, 150 trains like Tejas will be run in the country.
Tejas trains will be connected to major tourist destinations of the country. According to the Finance Minister, by the year 2024, Indian Railways will be run completely by electricity. The Finance Minister did not say anything about the confirmed ticket. What did Railways get in this budget
Let us know that former Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu had said that everyone should get confirmed ticket by 2020 during his tenure. At the same time, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has said in her budget speech that PM Modi’s dream is to put more emphasis on making Indian Railways an economy’s growth engine.
The Finance Minister has said that Wi-Fi facilities have been made available at 550 railway stations in the country. Unmanned railway crossings have been completely eliminated. Also, 27 thousand kilometers of track will be electrified.
Let us know that while presenting the railway budget last year, Sitharaman gave the mantra of clean, safe and punctual rail travel. He said that now the Model Rental Law will be enacted and Public-Private Partnership (PPP) will be used in Railways. The Finance Minister has said that crores of rupees will be required for the railway infrastructure. Therefore, participation in PPP mode will be increased in Railways.
Participation on PPP mode in Railways will be increased
In the General Budget 2020, the Modi government has suggested several measures to improve the infrastructure of Indian Railways. The Modi government has proposed the following 10 measures, listing the achievements of the railways within 100 days.
- Installing a large solar power capacity along rail tracks on land owned by railways
- Four stations and 150 passenger trains will be operated through PPP mode
- More trains like Tejas will be connected to the prestigious tourist destinations of the country.
- The high-speed train will be actively run between Mumbai to Ahmedabad.
- 18, 600 crores, a 148 km long Bangalore suburban transport project will be started, whose fare will be like the metro model.
- The central government will give 20 per cent fund and 60 per cent money will be raised from outside.
- National Infrastructure Fund of 6-100 lakh crore to be created
- A national gas grid will be launched
- 27 thousand kilometres of the track will be electrified
- Provision of 22 thousand crores for power energy
- Delhi-Mumbai and Chennai-Bengaluru Expressway will be completed soon.