BENGALURU (India): Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Ltd (BMRCL) invites sealed Bids through National Competitive Bidding (Single stage – Two Envelope System) from eligible consultants for providing Consultancy Services for inspection of Manufacturing Activities and other works related to Rolling Stock under Phase-2 of Bangalore Metro.
Name of Work
Consultancy Services for Inspection of Manufacturing Activities, Witnessing of Factory Tests, First Article Inspections and Factory Acceptance Tests of Rolling Stock and its Sub-Systems for the Rolling Stock being procured for BMRCL Phase-2 Network.
Tender No. – BMRCL/Phase-2/NCB Bid No. 3RS-C
Contract Period – 21 Months
Document Sale Date – From 29.03.2021 to 19.04.2021 till midnight
Pre Bid Meeting Date – 03.05.2021 at 11:00 Hrs
Bid Submission Date – 13.05.2021 from 11:00 Hrs to 15:00 Hrs
Opening Date of EOI – 13.05.2021 at 15:30 Hrs
Description of Work
Scope of work for the Consultant shall consist of the following activities at the Rolling Stock Contractor’s factories in Nanjing, China and Sri City, India –
- To inspect the quality of incoming material (Stainless Steel) for Carbody, Carbody structure and Bogie in accordance with the agreed standards between BMRCL and M/s. CRRC Nanjing Puzhen Co. Ltd. The scope of inspection shall be validation of the mechanical strength and material composition through verification of test certificate issued from accredited test house for every incoming consignment/batch.
- Associate on all welding and heat treatment activities on Bogies/ Carbody in accordance with the approved quality plans including sample tests and approval. The Consultant shall ensure review of welding consumables and review of welding documents and processes against the applicable welding standards and contract specifications.
- To conduct inspections and checks at various witness and/or hold points for the entire production process as per the ITPs and check sheets agreed between BMRCL and M/s.CRRC Nanjing Puzhen Co. Ltd. ITPs and check sheets will be shared with the Consultant after the Contract is awarded.
- To witness the type tests and routine tests at Rolling Stock Contractor’s factories as per the respective test specifications. Consultant shall also be responsible for validating the factory tests by signing the test reports.
- Consultant shall follow the defect identification methods specified in the Rolling Stock contract requirements and monitor progress of defect rectification activities of Rolling Stock manufacturer.
During the course of factory inspection, factory testing or first article inspection, the Consultant may identify situations which are contrary to product quality or may lead to products of indeterminate quality or are not in accordance to the Employer’s Requirement as specified in the Rolling Stock contract and in such situations, the Consultant shall raise a Corrective Action Request pertaining to their scope of work, detailing the defects/deviations observed in the form of a ‘Note’ with a unique serial number and issue the same to the Rolling Stock Contractor.
On receipt of the Corrective Action Request, the Rolling Stock Contractor shall identify necessary corrective actions to rectify the non-conformity and shall submit a Corrective Action Report (CAR) to the Consultant. Consultant shall review the CAR and submit it to BMRCL after identifying the modifications to be implemented. Consultant shall also be responsible for monitoring the implementation of these modifications. After successful implementation of the modification(s), the Consultant shall seek BMRCL’s approval for closure of Corrective Action Report.
BMRCL may also issue BMRCL Note for issues identified during testing & commissioning, defect liability period, etc. Rolling Stock Contractor shall submit CARs for such issues also and Consultant shall ensure the implementation of these CARs during the production/manufacturing process in the factory.
- Review and audit the facilities available at the works of the Rolling Stock Contractor and subsystem suppliers for performing the necessary Statutory tests required for obtaining the sanctions from Statutory Authorities to induct the Rolling Stock into passenger service (e.g., Carbody Compression test, Bogie Fatigue test, etc.) as specified in the Rolling Stock contract.
- Consultant shall submit weekly progress reports to BMRCL detailing the progress of production/manufacturing activities and status of implementation of CARs.
- To perform First Article Inspections and witness Factory Acceptance Tests of certain Rolling Stock components as per the respective test specifications at subsystem suppliers’ premises in China and India as advised by BMRCL. The costs incurred for visit of Consultant’s inspectors to subsystem suppliers’ premises for First Article Inspections and Factory Acceptance Tests shall be reimbursed by BMRCL as below:
- Air Ticket (Economy Class) on actual basis.
- Boarding/Lodging expenses on actual basis subject to the ceiling rate specified under BMRCL’s extant rules.
- Dearness Allowance & Travel Allowance as per the rates specified under BMRCL’s extant rules.
Bids documents can be downloaded from BMRCL’s website by making prescribed payment through online gateway or by depositing DD/Pay order in BMRCL office.