New Delhi: The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) is going to open remaining section of Magenta Line (Line-8) between Kalkaji Mandir – Janakpuri West for public on 24th May 2018. This route will connect commuters to IGI Airport Terminal-1 via Terminal 1-IGI Airport station also.
Some special features of IGI Airport T-1 Metro Station-
- About 66000 people likely to use/visit daily the IGI Airport T-1 Metro Station on Magenta Line
- At present 1.8 Lakh daily footfall at IGI Airport Terminal-1
- This underground station will connect IGI Airport Terminal-1 to West and South Delhi
- 146 meter long and 4 meter wide pathway will connect the metro station to Terminal-1 (Arrival).
- Commuter will need around 6 minutes to travel the distance
- 160 meter long and 3 meter wide pathway will connect the metro station to Terminal-1 (Departure). The distance can be covered around 7 minutes.
- To ease the burden DMRC plans to connect bother terminals Arrival & Departure with the metro station through a subway with travelators by January 2019
What Flyers/IGI Airport Terminal user need to know-
- Like all stations, the commuters at this metro station will have a luggage size limit of 60x45x25cm and a baggage weight limit of 15 kg.
- No check-in facility like Airport Express Line Metro
- Station is coming up at a distance of about 200 meters from IGI Terminal-1 (Arrival)
- 3 entry/exit gates of this metro station will have motorised elevators
Here are some awesome photographs of DMRC’s new Airport Terminal-1 Metro Station on Magenta Line-
The metro station at Terminal 1 is part of the 38-km Magenta Line, the second section between Kalkaji Mandir – Janakpuri West of Delhi Metro’s Phase III Project.
The 25.6 Km long section between Janakpuri West and Kalkaji Mandir of Delhi Metro’s Magenta Line has 16 Stations including two interchange stations – Hauz Khas and Janakpuri West.