New Delhi: A newly joined employee of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) suffered life-changing injuries when he was electrocuted in last night near DMRC’s Faridabad receiving sub-station (RSS) of Line-6.
Sources said that the incident was took place at 3.45 am while the employee was performing night duty and he has been assigned to do routine maintenance work of insulators and the concerned section was in discharged condition. Suddenly line were charged without informing the staff working on the site and one of metro employee came into electrocution grip. A group of 8 metro employees including 2 supervisors were working on site. The condition of injured metro employee is critical, about 50% part of body burnt and he is now admitted in Safadarjung Hospital, New Delhi after denial by Appolo Hospital, Sarita Vihar, New Delhi. The injured employee is identified as Aneesh Kumar (on-job-trainee) Electrician). He joined DMRC on 27th July, 2017 and no competency to work on high tension equipment given to him from DMRC. He was working in PSI department under Shri Avinash Parmar (Manager/Traction) and Shri Pankaj Gupta (AGM/Traction).
It is a serious safety lapse on part of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) as how a new employee could be assigned to work on high tension lines / equipment without providing proper training and issuing competency.
An employee with condition of anonymity said Metro Rail News that similar accidents already took place in past at various project sites of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) and the matters were covered up without bringing before the media. On 14 February 2006, a metro staff was found dead due to OHE electrocution.
Till publication of this news, no statement from DMRC issued to media on this serious accident/issue.