- Kanpur Metro construction work will start after getting NOC from Central government
- Tata Projects and Afcons have submitted their bids for the construction of Priority Section of Rs. 734 crores project cost
- Lucknow Metro officials engaged in completing tender process for the metro project
- According to RITES, they will get center’s approval in this month
Kanpur: Even after the tendering of construction of priority section of Kanpur Metro, the construction work of the Metro stations will not be started right now. Actually, the construction of Elevated Viaduct of Priority Corridor and 9 Metro Stations can be started only after getting the NOC from the Central Government. RITES and LMRC officials are expecting NOC in this month.
Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation (LMRC) had made tender calls in February to construct 9 Metro stations and Viaduct between IIT Kanpur to Motijheel under the priority section of Kanpur Metro. In addition to Tata Projects, AFCONS has also submitted its bid in response to tender notice issued by LMRC. Technical Bid has opened now. According to LMRC officials, who took charge of Kanpur Metro Rail Project, financial bid of tender have not yet opened. After technical evaluation, opening of financial bid take about 20 days. In spite of this, LMRC will not award work to any company to start work till the NOC from Central Government not issued.
According to the LMRC officials, RITES has prepared the revised detailed project report (DPR) of Kanpur Metro according to the new metro rail policy 2017. According to the RITES, the State Government has approved the revised DPR on December 24 last year. The project also has 50 percent stake in the Central Government. Due to which the state government has sent the proposal to the Central Government for approval.
According to the RITES official, Kanpur Metro has to get NOC from central government in this month. However, this project has not yet received a green signal from the Central Government. The Institute of Urban Transport (IUT) has sent the observation report on Kanpur Metro Rail Project to Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation (LMRC) twice. The replies were sent by LMRC. No observation or query has come right now. Due to this, LMRC officials are hoping to get the NOC from the Central Government in this month. LMRC officials said that Technical and Financial bid of priority section will also be evaluated. As soon as the NOC of the Central Government gets, the construction work of the Viaduct and Metro stations can be started.
“Two years ago the observation report were sent by Institute of Urban Transport of Central Government to LMRC. Those who have been answered. No queries were made again. It is expected that NOC will be received from the Central Government in this month according to timeline set by RITES”, said Ravi Jain, Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation.
Kanpur Metro Project Summary:
- Priority Section – IIT Kanpur to Moti Jheel
- Works – Construction of 9 Metro Stations, Elevated Viaduct.
- Estimated Cost – Rs 734 crores
- Completion Target – 24 Months (After issue of Letter of Award)
- Elevated Station – IIT, Kalyanpur Railway Station, SPM Hospital, CSJM University, Gurudev Chowrah, Geeta Nagar, Rawatpur Railway Station, Halatal Hospital and Moti Jheel