Meerut: While the process of Rapid Rail is accelerating these days, the Meerut Metro rail project is currently making dust in the files. Meerut Development Authority is arranging Rs 10 crore for contributing on the instructions of Commissioner Prabhat Kumar for Rapid Rail. National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC) has asked the Authority to provide funds for the earliest while the Meerut Metro is waiting for the central government’s approval. MDA Vice President Sahab Singh said that MDA to contribute Rs 10 for Rapid Rail, as initial fund and the will be paid soon. At present, the revised DPR of Meerut Metro i.e. pending before the Central Government for approval, after approval from the UP Cabinet.
The work on Central government’s ambitious Delhi-Meerut Rapid Rail Project is going very fast. The centre is ready to fund Rs. 32,000 crore for this rapid rail project. Recently, tender of civil work has also been opened for construction of 4 stations between Duhai from Sahibabad. After Ghaziabad, the NCRTC has started a large scale survey to finalize the alignment of the manufacturing firm in Meerut. The corporation is in touch with the State Government for land acquisition, soon the process of land acquisition will be started.
Meerut Development Authority (MDA) has to arrange Rs 10 crore for as initial fund for the RRTS project. MDA VC Sahab Singh said that this money will be given to the NCRTC soon for the funding of the installation fund. Let the Ghaziabad Development Authority pay 40 crores to NCRTC.
Important things about Delhi – Meerut Rapid Rail Transit Project:-
- Rapid Rails will cover a total distance of 90.6 km.
- 60 km track will be elevated and rest 30 km will be underground.
- Rapid Route will decide the underground distance of 10 km in Delhi and 20 km in Meerut.
- In the first phase, 52 km will be started from Sahibabad to Pratapur.
- The second phase will be started from Vaishali to Sarai Kala Khan.
- The third phase will be started from Paratapur to Modipuram.
- Rapid rails will run at 5.5 meter height from the road.
- The maximum speed of Rapid Rail will be 180 kmph.
- The average speed of Rapid Rail will be 80 kmph.
- The distance from Meerut to Sarai Kale Khan will cover in 62 minutes.
- Each coach will be AC with seating capacity of 225 passengers.
Nearly 2 months ago, revised DPR of Meerut Metro has been sent to the Central Government for approval. At present, the Metro project is on threshold of the Central Government for approval. In the meantime, due to the arrival of Rapid Rail Project, the nature of the metro has also become smaller in Meerut. At the moment, metro rail project between Shraddhapuri and Medical College is proposed in second phase. Since the last two months, no correspondence has been done with the Meerut Development Authority by the government.