Fluid Controls InnoTrans 2024 PromotionFluid Controls InnoTrans 2024 Promotion
APL APOLLO Steel Pipes - Powering the Future of Indian Railways
30.1 C
Delhi
Wednesday, July 24, 2024
Fluid Controls InnoTrans 2024 PromotionFluid Controls InnoTrans 2024 PromotionFluid Controls InnoTrans 2024 Promotion
APL APOLLO Steel Pipes - Powering the Future of Indian RailwaysAPL APOLLO Steel Pipes - Powering the Future of Indian RailwaysAPL APOLLO Steel Pipes - Powering the Future of Indian RailwaysAPL APOLLO Steel Pipes - Powering the Future of Indian Railways

90% Land Acquisition Achieved for Nanded-Wardha Rail Project

Date:

Share post:


CHHATRAPATI SAMBHAJINAGAR (Metro Rail News): Around 90% of the land required for the Nanded-Wardha rail route has been successfully acquired, a crucial development in bridging the railway gap between Marathwada and Vidarbha regions. The 284.6km rail project, with a financial outlay of Rs 3,445.8 crore, has recently commissioned its first station.

The Nanded-Wardha rail line necessitates a total land acquisition of 2,139 hectares, and a substantial portion, approximately 1,912 hectares, has already been secured. Efforts to acquire the remaining 227 hectares are ongoing, according to the Central Railway (CR) spokesperson.

The completion of this new rail connection is poised to substantially enhance connectivity between Marathwada’s Hingoli and Nanded and Vidarbha’s Wardha, Yavatmal, and Washim districts. Beyond connectivity, it is expected to boost socio-economic development in these regions.

The funding for this project is divided, with the Indian Railways bearing 60% of the cost and the state government covering the remaining 40%. Additionally, the Deoli station, located 15km from Wardha, was inaugurated on August 25.

The CR authorities have reported that the Wardha-Deoli-Bhidi-Kalamb section, covering 38.6km, is nearing completion. To date, 35 major bridges have been successfully constructed along the route, and work on 79 minor bridges and road underbridges is also over.

Highlighting the importance of expediting the Wardha-Nanded rail project, railway activist Gautam Nahata emphasized its potential to stimulate socio-economic development in both the Marathwada and Vidarbha regions, which have been historically considered underdeveloped.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

spot_img

Related articles

Chennai Metro: TBM Bhavani Begins Tunneling on Royapettah – R.K. Salai Section of Line 3

TBM Bhavani’s AssignmentInspection of Phase 2Chennai Metro’s Line 3Royapettah metro station Chennai (Metro Rail News): On 21 July, Mr...

Airtel Payments Bank Launches NCMC-enabled Debit and Prepaid Cards in Partnership with DMRC

New Delhi (Metro Rail News): In continuation of the efforts to introduce more digital ticketing solutions for the...

Chennai Metro: Jakson Ltd. Becomes L1 for E&M Contract of Line 5

Location of workBidding ProcessBidders & Bid PriceScope of workChennai Metro Phase 2 Chennai (Metro Rail News): On 22 July,...

RRTS Corridor: Hon’ble Minister Shri Tokhan Sahu Visits Sahibabad-Duhai Section

Delhi-Meerut RRTS Corridor  India’s first Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) project is advancing at a rapid pace. Recently, the...