Bengaluru: The Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL) on Tuesday notified tenders to build the KR Puram-Silk Board (Outer Ring Road) line. Recently, the state cabinet approves funding for this 17-km fully elevated Metro line.
The tender has been released as three packages, each one consisting of viaduct (the series of arches on which rail tracks are laid) and station work.
- Package 1 has called for constructions between Silk Board and Bellandur (four Metro stations) running to a length of over 7 km at a cost of Rs.427.29 crore. The deadline to submit bids is 13th April 2018.
“Construction of Elevated Structures (Viaduct &Stations) of length 7.086 Km
(approx.) from Silk Board(ORR) to Bellandur Station(excluding) (Chainage 0.00m to 7086.00 m) including road widening & allied works and 4 Numbers of Metro Stations viz, Silk Board(ORR), HSR Layout (ORR), Agara lake, Ibbalur in ORR line of Bangalore Metro Rail Project, Phase-2A.”
- Package 2 calls for structures between Bellandur to Doddanakundi (five Metro stations) for a length of nearly 6.5 km estimated to cost Rs.416.66 crore. The deadline to submit bids is 17th April 2018.
- Package 3 has called for elevated structures from Doddanakundi station to K R Puram Interchange and till Baiyappanahalli depot (four Metro stations) at a cost of Rs.386 crore. The deadline to submit bids is 20th April 2018.
According to Managing Director Mahendra Jain, BMRC is targeting completion of the line by 2021. The tenders would be finalised in three months and they will try to expedite the process.
- Estimated cost of this Reach 2 (A) project: Rs. 4,202 crore
- This stretch has 13 stations: K R Puram Interchange station, Mahadevapura, DRDO Sports Complex, Doddanakundi, ISRO, Marthahalli, Kodibisanahalli, Kadubeesanahalli, Bellandur, Iblur, Agara Lake, HSR Layout, and Silk Board Interchange
- Silk Board Intersection will connect Whitefield and Electronics City
- Two companies have agreed to chip in Rs.100 crore each: Intel for Bellandur station and Embassy Group for Kadubeesanahalli station
- Project Deadline: 2021
Click here to download Notice Inviting Tender (NIT)