Chennai: The International Rail Coach Expo (IRCE) is all set to roll the carpets for reputed rail car and equipment builders in Chennai. The three-day expo that begins from Thursday will for the first time highlight rail coaches and train sets. The exhibition is ideal platform for those looking to showcasing their innovative products and technology to a worldwide audience.
IRCE is a unique expo as it aims to bring various suppliers on one platform in order to create synergised association and partnering in Make in India initiative. The expo is organised and managed by Coach Factory, popularly known as ICF, under the Ministry of Railways, in coordination with CII (Confederation of Indian Industries) and RITES Ltd. – a PSU under Ministry of Railways
Key Features of the Expo are as follows:
- Selected Rail Coach and train sets for exhibit for the first time in India
- 100+ exhibitors from 10+ countries
- Conferences/seminars on focused subjects on Rail Coach and Train sets
- Key brands from rail coach and train sets will be displaying innovative products and future technologies
- Exclusive platform to meet and connect as well as interact with the decision makers and senior officials of ICF and other Indian Railway production units
- Display of Rolling Stock designs viz. train sets for 160 kmph
- Rolling stock designs including interiors, passenger amenities and other comfort features will be displayed
- Development of Rolling Stock including emerging technologies in the manufacture of train coaches with Stainless Steel, Aluminium Car body and others
- The development of High-Speed Trains and the options available for Indian Railways
The IRCE will be inaugurated on Thursday and Hon’ble Governor of Tamil Nadu, Minister of State of Railways, Minister for Industries Tamil Nadu, Chairman Railway Board, Railway Board Members, General Managers and other head of departments from all Indian Railways will grace the inaugural function.
This exhibition attracts a diverse range of public including designers, train enthusiasts, developers and railway suppliers.