Ahemedabad: Metro Link Express for Gandhinagar and Ahmedabad(MEGA) Company Limited has been converted to Special Purpose Vehicle(SPV) in which Central Government and Gujarat State Government are equal partner.
As per the notification by Government of India, Central Government and State Government each has appointed five Board of directors in MEGA company ltd.
1) Madhusudan Prasad, IAS, Secretary, Urban Development Ministry, Government of India
2) Shailendra Singh, Executive Director, Railway Board, Railway Ministry, Government of India
3) Mukund Kumar Sinha, Officer on Special Duty, Joint Secretary, Urban Development Ministry, Government of India
4) Pravin Prakash, IAS, Joint Secretary, Urban Development Ministry, Government of India
5) R Ramnathan, Director (Projects), Chennai Metro Rail Limited
6) Dr. Manjula Subramaniam, IAS(Retired), former Chief Secretary, Government of Gujarat
7) GR Aloria, IAS, Additional Chief Secretary, Urban Development and Urban Housing, Government of Gujarat
8) JN Singh, IAS, Additional Chief Secretary, Finance Department, Government of Gujarat
9) Ajay Bhadu, IAS, Chief Executive Officer, Gujarat Infrastructure Development Board, Government of Gujarat
10) IP Gautam, IAS(Retired), Managing Director, MEGA Company Limited
Central government has approved Gujarat government’s suggestion for the post of full time Managing Director of Special Purpose Vehicle.
The Registered office of MEGA has been shifted to Block No.1, First Floor, Karmaygi Bhagan, behind Nirman Bhavan, Sector 10/A, Gandhinagar.
Government of India had given approval to first phase of Ahmedabad Metro Rail Project on 17 November last year. Ground breaking for the project was performed by Gujarat Chief Minister on 14 March this year. Union cabinet has approved Rs. 10,773 crore for first phase of Ahmedabad Metro Rail which is 37.76 km in length and covers two route. First route which is in east-west direction covers Thaltej gam, Doordarshan kendra, Gurukul road, Gujarat University, Commerce college six roads, Stadium, Shahpur, Gheekanta, Kalupur railway station, Kankaria, Amraivadi, Rabari colony, Nirant char rasta etc areas on 20.31 km long stretch including 13.71 km elevated and 6.6 km underground route. The first phase of Metro project is going to complete in year 2018.