DELHI (Metro Rail News): The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) awarded Afcons Infrastructure an Rs. 1669.20 cr contract on Thursday for the construction of Package DC07 of the 23.622 km Silver Line (Aerocity – Tughalakabad).
This 6.981-kilometre segment on the line’s eastern side will connect Sangam Vihar Station’s east end to Sarita Vihar Depot via three stations: Maa Anandmayee Marg, Tughlakabad Railway Colony, and Tughlakabad, where it would make an interchange with the Violet Line’s station built in Phase 2.
DMRC invited bidders for this contract in June 2021, with a 42-month timeframe, for the 65.1-kilometre Delhi Metro Phase 4 project, which is financed by JICA through Rs 8,390 crore loan. In August, technical bids were opened, revealing six bidders. HCC – JMC JV and STEC were disqualified during the technical evaluation. Financial bids and DC-05 and DC-08 were opened in November, revealing Afcons as the lowest bidder.
Design and Construction of Underground UP & Down Tunnels by Shield TBM from the end of Cut & Cover tunnel near Sangam Vihar metro Station up to existing Sarita Vihar depot, Underground Ramp and Cut & Cover Tunnels near Sangam Vihar and Tughlakabad metro station and Underground Metro Stations at Maa Anandmayee Marg, Tughlakabad Railway Colony and Tughlakabad including Retrieval/Launching shafts on Aerocity Tughlakabad corridor of Delhi MRTS Project of Ph-IV are some of the brief scopes for the project.
The package includes:
- Final Contract Value: Rs. 1608.09 crore + Euro 68,00,000 (Approx. Rs. 1669,20,96,000.00)
- Contract Date (Notice to Proceed): January 24, 2022
- Completion Period: 42 months
- Tunnels will be built all the way up to the existing Sarita Vihar Depot, which will be upgraded to stabilise and maintain Silver Line train sets.
- DMRC will require Afcons to use a minimum of 5 tunnel boring machines (TBMs)
- Distance from Sangam Vihar Station to Maa Anandmayee Marg is 3.014 km in order to skirt around Tughlakabad Fort and other significant monuments/tombs strewn around in the area. Twin tunnels here will be the longest tunnels between adjacent stations on the entire network.
- To allow trains to switch tracks, a crossover will be built north of Tughlakabad Station.
|Afcons Infra is the lowest bidder||Package DC-05: Derawal Nagar to RK Ashram, 7.46 km underground section with six stations|
|Tata Projects is the lowest bidder||Package DC-08: Aerocity to Kishangarh, 6.11 km underground section with four stations|
|Afcons Infra is the lowest bidder||Package DC-09: Kishangarh to Saket G-Block, 6.88 km underground section with four stations|
|Awarded to Afcons Infra||Package DC-07: Sangam Vihar to Tughlakabad, 6.477 km underground section with three stations|