Lucknow: Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Tuesday announced the State government will soon introduce metro rail services in Meerut, Kanpur and Varanasi. Addressing the media at a press conference marking six months of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government in the state, the Chief Minister also said the government will soon bring in new industrial policies in the state.
CM Adityanath also said the government has successfully formed an anti-land mafia force to tackle the menace. Adityanath said, “We’re launching systematic drive which will help the Government retrieve 1000 hectares of land which have been in grips of land mafia since years.” From newer uniforms in primary schools to law and order situation, here are things the Uttar Pradesh CM said at the press conference:
- It was priority to rid UP of jungle raj. Happy that hard work by ministers has instilled sense of confidence in people
- It is the responsibility of the Government to answer the public
- Casteism and dynasty rule has ruined Uttar Pradesh until now, but in the BJP, there is no space for them
- For the farmers, the BJP has worked largely for the welfare of the farmers
- Has waived the loans of 86 lakh farmers
- The Government brought 35 lakh metric tonnes of wheat directly from the farmers
- For welfare of farmers, we started the system to provide them tube wells & solar pumps
- The Government aims to provide employment to 10 lakh youth within the state
- Skill development programmes will also largely help in employing the youth
- Government is also working to link E-Office
- Anti-Land Mafia Task Force has been created to check the menace
- Systematic drive to help the Government retrieve 1000 hectares of land which have been in grips of land mafia is being planned
- Government identified more than 35 lakh ration cards as fake, out of which over 30 lakh cards have been cancelled
- The Government is also making efforts to make roads in Uttar Pradesh free of potholes and has successfully made more than 80,000 kilometer roads pothole-free
- The ‘School Chalo’ Programme has been successful in Basic education
- Following changes in curriculum, enrollment into schools will increase
- The government will also provide sweaters to children during the winters
- Major parts of the state lacked access to electricity, with more than one crore families with no electricity connection
- The BJP government has provided free electricity connection to more than 16 lakh families in just six months
- Free education for girl students will be initiated soon
- Will promote LED lights across the state to save electricity
CM Yogi also emphasised that the Government provided relief to the more than 30 lakh people affected by the recent floods. He said the government supplied ration packets as relief to more than seven lakh families.
Following recent incidents of death in the state due to encephalitis, he said the government has also made arrangements for treatment of encephalitis.
In terms of infrastructure, the government is also working on to construct the Bundelkhand Expressway. The CM said work for the Purvanchal Expressway will also be initiated and Uttar Pradesh government is corresponding with the Central government in this matter.
Metro services will be introduced in Kanpur and Agra soon.
The CM also boasted how after March 2017, there has not been a single incident of riot. Aditynath said, “Prior to that, we had seen cases of riots taking place in the state.”