NEW DELHI (Metro Rail News): In a big development amid the rising COVID-19 cases in the country, the Indian Railways has clarified that no new circular has been issued on the suspension of train services until September 30 which was being circulated on different social media platforms.
In a tweet, the Railways clarified that Special Mail Express trains shall continue to run. It was because of numerous posts on different social media platforms which stated that the Railways has cancelled all regular trains till September 30. These posts were picked up by many news outlets which further forced the Indian Railways to clarify the matter via its Twitter handle.
“Some section of media is reporting that Railways has cancelled all regular trains till 30th September. This is not correct. No new circular has been issued by Ministry of Railways” said one official.
The Railways has clarified on the matter that the different 230 special Mail Express trains shall continue to run. The Railways had earlier said it may experience a loss of Rs 35,000 crore due to suspension of passenger services in the wake of COVID-19 pandemic. However, it is not going to start normal operation keeping in mind the health safety concerns created by the ongoing pandemic.