Jaipur Metro|JMRC eyes Chinese & American Firms for Phase-2 project


Jaipur: The Jaipur Metro Rail Corporation (JMRC) is now looking at Chinese and American companies to construct Metro phase II (Sitapura to Ambabari) under the public private partnership (PPP) model after failing to elicit a positive response from Industrial Enterprise, Singapore.

A senior JMRC official informed, “We are expecting a visit from a Chinese delegation on July 8th and an American delegation on July 20th. The JMRC will give a presentation to these firms and explain every aspect for investing in this project.”

A senior official said that despite offering a lucrative deal to the Singapore agency, JMRC is yet to get any response. “The estimated cost of Metro phase-II is Rs 10,000 crore. It has been proposed that the state government would provide 40% amount (as viability gap fund) to the company. The remaining 60% amount would be borne by the state government and the company.”

Meanwhile, the state government had also expressed its willingness to handover the operation and maintenance of Metro phase-I A and B to the firm after spending Rs 3,149 crore.

A source said, “As per the proposal to Singapore, the state government will bear Rs 7,000 crore, while the company will have to pay Rs 3,000 crore. The company will also get additional benefits as it will be collecting the fare. However, it did not show any interest. “

The JMRC officials said that as there are many similarities between the second phase of Jaipur Metro and Singapore Metro, the PPP would be successful. “The Metro is almost fully underground and in our second phase, we have proposed a 10-km underground track out of the total distance of 24 km. It would be good if some company from Singapore or China takes it up,” the official added.

The JMRC is keen to start the construction of this project soon as the route is viable and it would benefit maximum number of people. Important points of the city like the airport, Secretariat, SMS hospital and government offices will be on this route.

Daily Updates from Metro & Railway


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.