MUMBAI (Metro Rail News): The Maharashtra cabinet, today approves three metro corridor, Two of which will serve Mumbai Metropolitan Region and one will cater to Mumbaikars travelling towards General post office in South Mumbai from Wadala. This approval brings 50 km long Metro network at an estimated cost of Rs. 24,000 crore.
Metro 10: Gaimukh to Shivaji Chowk (Mira Road)
Length: 11 km
Estimated cost: Rs. 5000 crore
Stations on the route: – Gaimukh, Gaimukh Reti Bundar, Versova Chaar Phata, Kashi Mira, Shivaji Chowk.
Metro-11: Wadala to GPO corridor
Estimated cost: Rs 8,000 crore
Stations on the route: – Wadala RTO, Ganesh Nagar, BPT Hospital (Elevated), Sewri Metro, Hay Bundar, Coal Bundar, Darukhana, Wadi Bundar, Clock Tower, Carnac Bundar, CSMT Metro (All Underground).
Metro 12: Kalyan to Taloja
Estimated cost: Rs 11,000 crore
Stations on the route:– APMC Kalyan, Ganesh Nagar, Pisawali Gaon, Golvali, Dombivli MIDC, Sa Gaon, Sonar Pada, Manpada, Hadutane, Kole Gaon, Nilje Gaon, Wadavali, Bale, Vaklan, Turbhe, Pisawe Depot, Pisawe, Taloja
Benefits of the Metro System:
· Reduces journey time by 50-75% compared to the road.
· Shifting of road user to the metro by 25% to 30%.
· Density on Suburban Trains will reduce from 12 persons to seven persons.
· Will help reduce traffic on the road by 30% to 35%.
· Reduces accidents on Suburban System due to a reduction in overcrowding.