New Delhi: India currently has seven operational metro rails, namely, Kolkata Metro, Delhi Metro and Delhi Airport Express Link, Jaipur Metro, Mumbai Metro, Rapid Metro Gurgaon, Chennai Metro and Bangalore Metro. Similar rail projects are being planned and/or are under construction in Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Indore, Chennai, Chandigarh, Ludhiana, Jaipur, Kochi, Pune, Mumbai and Hyderabad while various other cities are in Viability Studies.
On 11 August 2014, Union Urban Development Minister Mr. Venkaiah Naidu announced that the Union Government would provide financial assistance, for the implementation of a metro rail system, to all Indian cities having population of more than 1 million. Currently, rapid transit systems operate in 15 cities and more are under construction or in planning in several cities of India.
With billions of dollars to be spent on metro rail projects in the country, it is imperative to understand the need for and effectiveness of metro systems as a means of public transportation in the Indian context. Since metro systems are capital-intensive projects, the financial sustainability of these systems is also an important issue to be explored.
This Summit will not only discuss about the Metro Rail network but also provide an arena for Metro Rail bodies, Ministries & business organizations to gather at one place with an aim of sharing industry expertise and gaining more knowledge about the Metro Rail business. The following topics will be covered in this conference:-
- Current Progress of projects – A look at the current status of India’s many ventures into the Metro Rail network
- Issues and concerns – An overview of the areas of opportunity that Metro Rail developers face in India.
- Latest Technologies – Innovative and cost-efficient technologies that are paving the way for Metro Rail success.
- Signalling and Telecommunication – The aspects that are imperative for the smooth function of any successful Metro Rail system and their latest improvements.
- Operation and Maintenance – Building the metro rail successfully is just the beginning! An understanding of what it takes for successful running of the network.
Metro Rail News team has signed Media Partnership agreement with BE Summits event organizer team for providing media assistance to explore the conference across the world.
The Indian Metro Rail Development Congress is scheduled on November 5-6, 2015 in New Delhi, India.