NEW DELHI (Metro Rail News): The NCRTC established Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS), which is a rail-based, high-speed regional commuter transit system for Delhi and the National Capital Region that will also deliver goods like milk, vegetable etc. A number of warehouses will be built up to make it easier to pick up and drop off and store these items.
Transportation of products through Rapid rail in Delhi-NCR
- NCRTC (Nationwide Capital Area Transport Company) will assemble specific coaches for the transportation of goods. They won’t have seats, in contrast to the passenger coaches.
- It is reportedly set to be laid a network of warehouses throughout NCR. Three warehouses are to be built in the initial segment along the Delhi-Meerut road, at Modipuram, Duhai, and Jangpura.
- Sources reported that agricultural and dairy farmers will be able to store their milk, greens, and other raw products at the warehouse. Farmers will find these transfers of goods to be of great value. The fast rail community will eventually take these to Delhi during its spare time.
- Additionally, this will lessen traffic congestion on the roadways. The number of heavy vehicles on the road may significantly decrease. NCRTC MD Vinay Kumar Singh stated that rapid rail will become a major means in NCR for both passenger and goods transportation.
- The delivery of products will take place at off-peak times throughout the day and at night when the tracks are free.
Daily Updates from Metro & Railway