New Delhi (Metro Rail News): Shanghai Tunnel Engineering Co. Ltd. (STEC) today emerged as the lowest bidder for the construction of 5.6 km underground section between New Ashok Nagar and Sahibabad of Delhi-Meerut RRTS corridor from the National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC) opened online financial bids submitted by 5 bidders.
A total of five national and multinational bidders participated in the tender process. As per the results of financial bids disclosed by NCRTC, the position of all bidders are as under:-
- Shanghai Tunnel Engineering Co. Ltd. (STEC): Rs 1,126 crore (L-1)
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd. (L&T): Rs 1,170 crore (L-2)
- Gülermak Agir Sanayi Insaat ve Taahhut A.S. (Gulermak): Rs 1,326 crore (L-3)
- Tata Projects Ltd.- SKEC JV: Rs 1,346 crore (L-4)
- Afcons Infrastructure Ltd.: Rs 1,400 crore (L-5)
- NCRTC had invited global bids for the first underground civil construction package (DM/CN/COR-OF/086) in November last year and the Technical bids for this contract package were opened on 16 March 2020.
Scope of work
The scope of work includes Design and Construction of twin tunnels by TBM from near New Ashok Nagar DN Ramp to Sahibabad UP Ramp and One Under Ground Station at Anand Vihar by Cut & Cover Method (including Architectural Finishing and Design, supply, installation, testing and commissioning of Electrical and Mechanical Systems including Fire detection & suppression Systems and Hydraulic systems) on Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS Corridor.
The STEC has to perform the tunnelling work between New Ashok Nagar and Sahibabad in 1095 days After issuance of the letter of acceptance (LoA) by NCRTC. As per the contract terms, the tunnelling work will be carried out by TBM through the cut and cover method. This is the first underground contract package issued by the NCRTC.
Global tenders for the construction of the 4.5 km underground section (from Brahampuri DN Ramp to Begumpul UP Ramp and 3 Under Ground Stations at Meerut Central, Bhaisali & Begumpur) has already been invited by NCRTC in February 2020 under contract package-8.
For more details, please explore our Delhi-Meerut RRTS section