LUCKNOW (Metro Rail News): Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation has started the training of newly recruited staff of German rail company “DB” ie Deutsche Bahn at the training Institute (COET) of Transport Nagar Depot. In the ultra-modern training Institute of Lucknow training is being provided to a batch of 150 trainees of Train Operator (SCTO) and Maintainer staff of DB. In 90 days of training, these trainees will learn the nuances of train operation and maintenance.
German Rail Company ‘DB’ had earlier come to India and surveyed the training institutes of various metro and rail projects to train its newly recruited staff. The DB studied the efficiency of the employees who got training from the training institute of UPMRC and also tested world class facilities of the training institute. After which the Centre for Excellence of Training (COET) of UP Metro was selected for its newly recruited staff.
• The Training Institute of UPMRC is equipped with the ultra-modern facilities amongst the Metro Rail Training Institutes across the country. So far more than 1100 trainees have received technical training in Metro Rail Operation and Maintenance from this training institute. In terms of number of students trained UPMRC’s training institute is second after Delhi Metro Rail Corporation.
• DMRC recently visited UP Metro’s Training Institute to upgrade its training school and took stock of the state-of-the-art training facilities like Virtual Reality, and Simulator.
• Trainees including women personnel from the training institute of UPMRC are efficiently handling the work of metro operation to maintenance in Lucknow and Kanpur.
• In COET virtual reality based training facility is being provided apart from this trouble shooting is being taught by generating fault in the train.
• The training institute of UPMRC has maximum number of simulators to teach the experience of real train operation. Similar to the five-dimension based Space Shuttle Simulator, the simulator has facility for training of trainees in which training will be given in train driving, signaling and traction.
• The nuances of train operation are also taught on three desk top simulators. Simultaneous training can be done at 45 computer based training terminals.
• The facility of auditorium and canteen is also being provided in the training institute of UPMRC along with separate classrooms of different subjects for the trainees.
• Training Program for Apprentices
• In 90-day training passenger less 40 kms driving on test track and 360 kms driving on mainline is provided.
• Examination based on Rolling Stock, Signaling, Electrical & Mechanical, Telecommunication, Automatic Fare Collection (AFC) of training.
• After the examination, there will be a troubleshoot program with emphasis on correct responses to emergency situations. After going through all these stages the trainees will be interviewed after which they will be considered ready.
Mr. Sushil Kumar, Managing Director, UPMRC said that… “The training institute of UP Metro has set world class standards of training today. For the successful conduct of metro operations in Lucknow and Kanpur, the training of technical staff was done in COET itself. Today all those employees are making us proud by achieving excellence in their respective fields. It is certainly a proud moment for us that we are also providing training in the field of train operation and passenger services to the personnel of reputed foreign railway institutes like German Rail Company. I extend my best wishes to all the young, talented trainees undergoing training at COET”.
Deutsche Bahn will deploy these trainees for the RRTS project to be operated between Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut.