New Delhi: The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) released a public notice that parking facilities will not be available at the Delhi Metro stations from 6:00 AM on Friday i.e, 14th August, 2015 till 2:00 PM on Saturday i.e, 15th August, 2015 in view of the security measures adopted on the occasion of Independence Day.
The Delhi Metro has instructed all the parking contractors to use this opportunity for cleaning all the parking lots thoroughly in the spirit of ‘Swachh Bharat Abhiyan’ and will also depute its officials to inspect the parking sites for strict compliance.
Besides maintaining physical cleaning of the premises / structures at all times, each and every staff including contractor’s staff is being counselled to inculcate attitudinal change on this aspect. Cleanliness of the associated areas is also on everyone’s minds to achieve the objectives of the campaign. During this campaign the main focus area will be –
- Removal of unauthorized posters/graffiti from piers/walls of the stations.
- White washing and sprucing up of stations is being done in phases.
- Emailing photographs of unauthorized parking/encroachments to Delhi Traffic Police
- Stress given on mechanized cleaning at stations.
- Stress given to clean inaccessible areas beside accessible areas at stations
- Toilets at many Metro stations have been renovated and periodic inspection is done by the staff to ensure that the contractor is running them in the best condition.