Ghaziabad Metro: Blue Line to Extend to Sahibabad Via Indirapuram & Vaishali  

GDA and the UP Housing Board have agreed to the 50:50 Fund Sharing Plan.

7
39313
Delhi Metro
Advertisement

NEW DELHI (Metro Rail News): The Ghaziabad Development Authority (GDA) & UP Housing Board have shown an underlying acceptance of the Blue Line’s extension to Sahibabad in Ghaziabad via Indiarapuram and Vaishali. 

Project Cost 

Delhi Metro is preparing a fresh report on the Metro route from Electronic City to Sahibabad. The project is expected to cost Rs 1,517 Crore.

Financial Plan 

As per the latest proposal, the state government will bear 80% of the costs through GDA and UP Housing Board and make equal contributions. The Central Government will contribute the remaining 20%. The GDA & the UP Housing Board have already discussed the pattern. 

Previous Plan 

As per the earlier plan, the UP government was to bear 50% of the expenses & the central government would have to bear 20% while the 30% was to be borne by GDA, the Housing Board and the Municipal Corporation. 

Location Advantage 

The proposed plan aims to deploy a multi-modal transit model for the NCR commuters and residents, as Sahibabad already has an active RRTS station to cater to the commuters. At the same time, the other end of the Blue Line is already connected with the RRTS at Anand Vihar. 

GDA

The GDA is hopeful of acquiring a loan for the same, owing to its previous track records on repayment of loans. There is also an underlying acceptance of the proposal as much of the areas covered in the extension fall under the GDA. 

Stay tuned for further updates on the metro projects across India! 


Discover the endless possibilities of our city’s Metro at InnoMetro, our flagship Expo and Conference. Be an active participant in shaping its future towards a more sustainable tomorrow. Stay informed and join us to take a step towards a brighter future

Daily Updates from Metro & Railway

7 COMMENTS

  1. GDA / NAGAR NIGAM / M.P. all are do not have knowedge of janta facing problems. Blue line eextension is not so important. Before tthis extension of sahidsthal to govindpuram is more important N necessary. Janta facing serious problem in this rout but netas are bussy to increase their house /plot rate by providing blue line. Yogi ji please do not approve this and give preference to janta demand i.e. extension tp Govindpuram .

    • It’s depend upon the Ghaziabad Development Authority to finalise the route. DMRC looking to extend the Blue Line after GDA deny to make Separate Metro Rail Network in Ghaziabad. GDA already give permission to DMRC to extend BLUE Line only and not the red line. If unconvenience for public to travel through Public transport then GDA and UP Govt responsible for that and how is possible without permission of GDA and UP GOVT, DMRC extend red line. The proposal is given to DMRC is only for BLUE LINE and not for the RED line.

  2. This is betrayal to resident of mohan nagar, they have been promised from past 5 year for extention of blue line to mohan nagar but now they have changed there plan.

  3. It’s depend upon the Ghaziabad Development Authority to finalise the route. DMRC looking to extend the Blue Line after GDA deny to make Separate Metro Rail Network in Ghaziabad. GDA already give permission to DMRC to extend BLUE Line only and not the red line. If unconvenience for public to travel through Public transport then GDA and UP Govt responsible for that and how is possible without permission of GDA and UP GOVT, DMRC extend red line. The proposal is given to DMRC is only for BLUE LINE and not for the RED line.

  4. Better option is to complete the loop of blue line by linking existing Noida Electronic city and Vaishali metro stations.

  5. We welcome Extension of Metro Line from NOIDA to Ghaziabad to provide connectivity to Blue Line for commuters. This extension may prove more beneficial if planned to connect Mohan Nagar / Rajendra Nagar / shyam Park as well to provide connectivity with Red Line as requested by Aashish. This will provide direct connectivity from Ghaziabad to Noida without entering in Delhi & covering major crowded area of Ghaziabad.

    Extension of Red Line from Sahidsthal to Govidpuram is equally important and demanding. If possible both extension may be considered simultaneously.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.