NEW DELHI (Metro Rail News): The Indian Railway Catering And Tourism Corporation Limited (IRCTC), a PSU of the Ministry of Railways is going to resume the services of Tejas Express trains for catering to the growing passenger demand due to the festive season. The Lucknow-New Delhi and Ahmedabad-Mumbai Tejas Express trains were suspended from 19 March due to the coronavirus pandemic.
“IRCTC has conducted an extensive training programme to educate and train its team of employees of Tejas Trains to manage the operations of the trains and provide services according to the ‘new normal’ amidst Covid-19 pandemic. A Standard Operation Procedure observing Covid-19 protocol has been issued to ensure the safety of the passengers”, said an official aware with the development.
The measures in place are as follows:
1) Every alternate seat will be kept vacant following the Social distancing norms for the initial period.
2) Passengers will not be allowed to exchange their seats once seated.
3) Use of face covers/masks will be mandatory for passengers and staff.
4) All travelers will install “Arogya Setu” app and same shall be shown as and when demanded.
5) Detailed instructions will be given to the passengers at the time of booking of tickets.
6) All the passengers will be provided a Covid-19 protection kit which will contain a bottle of hand sanitizers, one mask, one face shield and one pair of gloves.
7) All the passengers will go through thermal screening and hand sanitization process before entering the coach.
8) The coach including pantry areas and lavatories will be thoroughly disinfected at regular intervals.
9) The luggage and baggage of the passengers will be disinfected by a staff deputed for this purpose.
10) Cleaning and regular disinfection of frequently touched surface inside the coach will be done. The service trays and trolleys will also be disinfected.
“The bookings for the trains will be opened on the e-ticketing website of IRCTC www.irctc.co.in and IRCTC Rail Connect App shortly”, said an official.