LUCKNOW (Metro Rail News): Lucknow Metro is all set to resume train operations from 9th June (Wednesday) after a lockdown of around a month. With state of the art facilities Lucknow Metro is the safest, most comfortable, affordable, hygienic & most reliable as compared to other means of public transport. With the mantra ‘Lucknow Metro the Safest mode of travel ’, Lucknow Metro is restarting its train operations for the public of Lucknow. The train services will be available from 7AM and the last train to depart at 7PM from both terminal stations, CCS airport and Munshipulia.
It is imperative to state that Lucknow Metro has been taken stringent steps to provide the safest travel experience to the people since the 1st wave of COVID-19 last year. It was because of those measures, that Lucknow Metro registered the fastest ridership recovery post lockdown in the country.
This time again, Lucknow Metro has laid special emphasis on contactless travel, sanitization, social distancing, hygiene & cleanliness. Various rigorous steps are being undertaken to ensure a smooth, safe, secure and convenient commuting experience to the passengers.
The following measures will encourage people to use Metro more often for daily travel:
• Absolute Contactless travel with a GoSmart card: A GoSmart user enjoys a Total contactless travel right from entering the Metro station, boarding the train to exiting the premises. The automatic sensor of AFC gates detects the card from a distance without tapping it. So the only thing a GoSmart card user comes in contact with are the sanitized train seats
• First Metro in India to use UV technology for train and token sanitization ensuring full passenger safety
• First Metro with cashless facility of multiple tokens/tickets with GoSmart card
• Physical distancing markings & signage at all stations to ensure adequate distance among passengers near Ticket Counters (TOMs), Ticket Vending Machines (TVMs), security check frisking point, entry-exit AFC gates, etc.
• Physical distancing marking has been done on alternate seats to maintain sufficient distance between passengers inside train
• Frequently touched areas inside trains like grab rails, grab poles, grab handles, passenger seats & door surfaces from inside are sanitized regularly
• All common contact points like entry-exit gates , baggage scanners, Ticket Vending Machines, AFC gates, escalator handrails, staircase railings, lift buttons, platform seats, etc are also sanitized regularly.
Public Relations Department
Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Ltd.