- DMRC’s non-executive staff will start protesting from Monday, demanding a resolution of pending issues submitted by them to management.
- They will start protest by wearing black arm bands and participating in sit-ins at different stations as well as their work stations.
- They have, however, threatened to go on a complete shutdown of services on November 1, 2017, if their demands are not met.
New Delhi: After July 2017 strike, the non-executive staff of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) have again threatened to go on a strike from Monday. The staff members have warned of a “complete shutdown” if their demands on pay anomaly, reinstatement of terminated staff, recognition of employees union and other pending issues are resolved.
Talking about the impact of protests on train operations, Mahavir Prasad, the General Secretary of the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Employees Union (DMRCEU) through a press release said that the protesting staffs will start wearing black ribbons on their left arm from Monday. If their demands are not met then they will gather with mass at Metro Bhawan (Delhi Metro Headquarters) and announce complete shutdown and chakkajam at all inter-changing metro stations.
He further said that the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Management not fulfilled any of their previous demands for assurance given to employees in series of high level meetings with Urban Development Ministry Secretary Shri D.S. Mishra, Principal Secretary GNCTD Shri M.M. Kutty and DMRC Chief Dr. Mangu Singh. RTI Supervisor Shri Vinod Shah not yet reinstated by DMRC and his appeal on removal from service has been dismissed by the Appellate Authority without taking into consideration of DMRC Chief’s assurance given to employees and the media on 23rd July 2017.
The following are demands submitted by the DMRC Employees Union to MD/DMRC, Urban Development Ministry, Delhi Government and other ministries and departments-
- Rectification of pay anomalies in office order dated 27th September 2017 and fixing new pay scales as per recommendations of 3rd PSU pay revision committee on all employees according to Schedule-A PSU scales.
- Unconditional reinstatement of Shri Vinod Shah Ex-RTI Supervisor, Shri Amit Upadhyaya (SC/TO) and other terminated staffs from DMRC in past on fabricated grounds.
- Recognisation of legally registered Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Employees Union (DMRCEU) and closure of illegally set up of Staff Council with immediate effect.
- Implementation of ‘One policy for all’ for sake of future of DMRC employees.
DMRC has about 9,000 non-executive staff, many of whom perform critical functions, including train operators, station controllers, junior engineers, station managers etc.